close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G17's good for the family

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by trlcavscout, Aug 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

I bought the 4th gen G17 last week and the RTF2 this week. I have 300rds through the gen 4 without any failures at all, even some my 8 yr old put through it with no problems (I no longer buy limp wristing as an excuse). It was his first time shooting a pistol and he is a trick shooter just like he is with his rifle. He is a natural and makes me look bad, and I am ok with that!!! :supergrin: I put 175 rds through the RTF2 without any failures either. I cant decide which one I like better on the shooting/handling, but I like the looks of the gills.

His stance doesnt look good, but since he out shot me, my wife, and my nephew on accuracy I left the stance issues for another day. Hes shooting the 4th gen with the medium backstrap in the pic, it was all he could do to get his fingers around the trigger. But his safety is top notch, notice his finger outside the trigger guard until hes ready.

2. MonsterB

MonsterB

Thanks for sharing that cool story....good to see the little man shooting the big ol Glock...when I was his age my Dad took me shooting old black powder guns to get me started, although he had to help me hold the gun up, it was so heavy....
    You are a good dad, keep it up!

3. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

Thanks! I bought him a winchester bolt 22 last year for his birthday and he was shooting quarters the first day out. As long as hes having fun I am having fun!

Next time I will take the backstraps off for him, he had never ask to shoot the Glock before so it I was shocked and just set him up as it was. Of course each mag had 1 rd in it for safety, single shot until hes comfortable.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  4. toddmog

toddmog

Hard to tell from the pic...where is his eye protection?

5. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

This pic was after he was done shooting, he had already ditched it. He was still wearing the ears because his mom was shooting still. Eyes and ears everytime! Good catch!

6. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

My sons already asking to go shooting again this weekend :supergrin:

7. Glockwork Orange

Glockwork Orange

Good deal! Teach 'em young! :thumbsup: