G17M available from Lipsey's (not yet in stock)

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by G17Collector, Sep 7, 2019.

1. vanquish

vanquish

Does not seem like it would be hard to send these parts out for a DLC coating.

2. G17Collector

G17Collector Original "G"

Not at all.

However, from the collector standpoint (for this variation) it's a modification that changes the originality.

3. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Exactly.

4. vanquish

vanquish

That is fine and all but how will you know from a "collector standpoint" if someone has done this?

WantaG18 likes this.
  5. Toocool45

Toocool45

So today i went to a gun shop 20 miles away to buy some decal grips for my gen 2 17. And to check out a 3rd gen 19 they took in on trade. Its was a later chalk board gun. It didnt make it out of the case. But what caught my eye was a 17M. I asked him where it came from. He said lipseys. But knew nothing more about it. I had to buy it. 667.66 out the door. I checked on the label. It pulled up nothing special. Its a BENS2** serial number. He checked lipseys websight and it showed allocation. Its got silver internals. Boy i sure didnt see this coming today? So how special are these? I talked to a glock employee last weekend. He has two employee purchased 19M models socked away. These (the 17M) are not anywhere near as rare as the 19M models are they?

6. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

because you cannot buy factory original DLC internals and the DLC ones have different numbers engraved on them versus the non DLC ones

58sniper likes this.
  7. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

They were quite rare outside of the government in a couple of agencies until Lipsey's got some.

For now the 19s are extremely rare but lipsey's may get them to.

Interestingly the ones that the Glock guys got are basically identical to the ones that lives he's got. However the 19Ms got the Glock guys got are blue label guns that actually have original DLC internals meaning of their true FBI spec guns. It would be very surprising if the ones that live sees gets our blue label FBI contract guns with DLC internals.

Only time will tell.

if lipsey's does get 19s but they do not have the DLC internals the ones with the DLC internals will absolutely mantain some collector premium but not nearly what they are today.

8. G17Collector

This thread has provided your answer already.

Collecting is a weird thing. Using Glock pistols as an example one can "collect" them without regard for originality - there is nothing wrong with that. The difference is paying collector prices for Glock pistols - a G17 Gen1 with upgraded parts, a manual from 2010, and a clamshell box is NOT worth what a Pencil Barrel G17 Gen1 is with all the original doodads. Knowing the difference can save you money, make you money, or cost you money - and that is true for any collectible, not just Glocks.

glockhoarder likes this.
  9. Toocool45

Toocool45

In case someone wants to know. Looking at the post 70. Going to it. Looking at the G17M. That dealer has serial numbers BENS106 & BENS105 for sale on 2 seperate auctions.

10. knifeman32

knifeman32

This isn't what I was told at all. I posted back in August but edited the post but had to delete it because I didn't want to get anyone in hot water and glock wasn't ready for the information to be made public. The information that I received came from a very reliable source. It was on the forum for a few days before I was asked to take it down. Granted who knows at this point.

I don't see a reason not to share the info that I received at this point, but I value the friendship of the person that shared it with me and really don't want them to get in any trouble.

But what I was told is nowhere near what the glock rep told you, aside from the lipsey's portion.

11. littletank

littletank

Most here know that if you ask different Glock Reps the same thing, you will most likely receive different answers.. I also know to take the answers I received with a grain of salt. Only time will tell and we'll have to wait and see..

When you say that the number was nowhere near that, does that mean the number is much lower or higher?

12. knifeman32

knifeman32

I wasn't referring to a number per se. Basically just different information altogether. My information did not come from a glock rep. I really would post everything again, but I was asked to take it down and I really don't know what I can say and what I can't. I just do not want anyone to get into any trouble.

13. Toocool45

Toocool45

The 17M and 19M came out before the gen 5 19 and 17. So they should nave serial numbers starting before may or june of 2017? So could these guns have been sitting in storage for all this time? Im calling glock to see when mine was made monday.

glockhoarder likes this.
  14. HALO51

HALO51

Just back from LGS...Disappointed in the 17M. Definitely NO NDLC, NO 'M" on barrel hood as well. Appears to be early model Gen 5 with "M" roll-mark.....Definitely not contract gun. I didn't buy it.

15. triaxle

triaxle

I think that is the gun the Glock people got who wanted a 17 M . The Glock person I spoke with told me they got some of both sent out ? Thats just what he said ???

16. G17Collector

Not all M pistols have M on the barrel but I don’t know what the meaning of that is. I know that doesn’t change much for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. triaxle

triaxle

Who else got one today ? My FFL guy is closed on Mondays . I think they are contract guns that Glock left out but for who FBI, or PD guns .

18. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

[​IMG]

19. triaxle

triaxle

My cousin was a cop in Long Beach , retired and NCIS wanted to sign him up he did not want to and then , they made a offer he could not refuse . I was invited to go out West and stay with them but never had the urge .

20. triaxle

triaxle

I was watching a INDY M gun that never got a bid .