Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a long post, but please read and help! My 17L was shooting fine today, until it suddenly stopped firing. The trigger was reset, but no matter how hard I pulled the trigger it wouldn't release the striker. I finally figured out that if I hit the back of the gun while pulling the trigger it would release. At first I thought that maybe it wasn't going fully into battery, but that turned out to not be the problem. I then took out my G17 and swapped slides, so that the reciever from the 17L was now on the 17 slide, and the reciever from the 17 was on the 17L slide. HERE'S THE WEIRD PART.... Both worked perfectly once I switched them out. Once I switched them back to original configuration the problem returned. Any one have a clue what's up? I guess I could just replace all the internals in the 17L, but I'd like to know what's wrong for future reference. Thanks.

·
NRA Life Member
5,383 Posts
When was the last detail strip on the 17L slide performed? Ever?

Crud up there would do something like this.

·
Registered
808 Posts
That sounds quite odd and I would have guessed at about 98% that it was in fact a full battery issue other than you're saying the trigger was reset. Make sure the upward extention of the trigger bar that engages the FP safety is not bent on the 17L frame in particular. Only reason I can figure for it working when you swapped slides is if the alignment isn't identical, it might just barely make contact with the 17 slide's safety but not with the 17L slide's safety.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Question 1: Are you still in need of help? I see that you haven't had time to respond to this thread in 3 days...

Question 2 (Assuming that the answer to Question 1 is "yes"): Are you saying that the trigger wouldn't move although you were pulling it or are you saying that the trigger moved but the striker wouldn't drop?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts