G17L Questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glock-N-Load, Jan 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Glock-N-Load

Glock-N-Load

I'm kicking around the idea of buying a G17L. Only because I don't have one! Found a real nice one on GB that has my interest. I won't be bidding on it or making the purchase for a month or 2.

My question has to do with the frame. Is it a standard 17 frame? From what I've gathered the only difference is the barrel and slide length. All other parts including the recoil spring assy are interchangeable. Are they still in production? I'm guessing not as they are not listed on the Glock web site.

I was going to wait until the 4th Gens are out and get another G17 but I'm really not gaining anything with the changeable backstrap as the standard G17 fits my hand just right! I may end up buying one eventually but the G17L has my attention.

Chime in with advice!

2. SCC

SCC just me

they are a 17 with the longer slide and barrel and they make them in runs when they want to make them

3. ronin.45

ronin.45

The 17L is a great gun. I have one that I use for steel plate shooting and occasional USPSA limited competition. It is soft shooting and accurate.

4. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr

I have a 24, which is the .40 version.
    It is a great gun. The frame is identical to the regular 17, as is the recoil spring and slide internals. The slide and barrel are both longer, and it comes with an extended mag release, extended slide stop lever, and the 'minus' connector.

They are still made, but it is in limited runs and only every couple of years.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010