Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have officially embarked on a journey to build a G17L clone for the range. So far I have picked up the slide and barrel. But I wanted to get your alls opinion on the best Poly80. I've watched a lot of Tactical Toolbox and I'm leaning towards his recommendation of the "Poly100" option. Basically a serialized frame that can receive the parts of your choice.

Thoughts and criticism is welcome.

PS, Barrel is an Alpha Wolf Barrel to OEM G17L spec, and the Slide is from ZP. Will have cut outs, black, and Red Dot cut out for the Vortex Viper.

·
Banned
328 Posts
I've built 20+ P80's and have never heard of a poly100. Glockstore was supposed to release a frame called the GSX100, they never did.

·
Registered
494 Posts
What’s a p100? If you mean it’s 100% complete That would defeat the purpose of the 80%. Its not hard to engrave a serial number for a P80 using the ATFs instructions. The ATF has all the info. If you are keeping the gun you don’t have to have a serial number even if you sell in the future except in the normal pain In the a$$ states like CA. NJ , NY, WA. They do recommend you engrave it just in case it got stolen, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
328 Posts
I would just buy a OEM G17 frame if you're gonna do a serialized frame.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I considered that, but I'm looking into a more customized frame. And I'd have more in an OEM frame than a Poly80 at that point.

Of course in terms of internals I'm going to get as much OEM glock parts as possible.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Forum moderators consider Poly80 toys to be OT to General Glocking, since they are not Glock pistols.

Reactions: buster55

·
Registered
525 Posts
So I have officially embarked on a journey to build a G17L clone for the range. So far I have picked up the slide and barrel. But I wanted to get your alls opinion on the best Poly80. I've watched a lot of Tactical Toolbox and I'm leaning towards his recommendation of the "Poly100" option. Basically a serialized frame that can receive the parts of your choice.

Thoughts and criticism is welcome.

PS, Barrel is an Alpha Wolf Barrel to OEM G17L spec, and the Slide is from ZP. Will have cut outs, black, and Red Dot cut out for the Vortex Viper.
So you want the 100% complete and serialized frame produced by Poly80! Nothing wrong with that. A lot of people are initially drawn to the "80%" frames because they can be ordered and completed without external involvement, and discover the ergonomics are quite excellent.

In States like California you MUST have a serial number assigned and affixed before finishing out an 80% frame, but it's worse, in California you CANNOT BUY a 100% complete pistol frame because a "frame" cannot be subjected to California's safe firearm testing protocol!

So if you do want to go through an FFL and purchase a fully finished frame manufactured by Poly80, then you basically just assemble it on out using OEM parts which are easily found as "completion kits" through a number of online vendors.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Did you find anywhere that has them in stock? I looked for a few min and I didn’t se a complete kit for any model and very few frames.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been looking for about a week now, and very little are out there. So for now, I think I'm going to work on getting the upper half completely done. Then once I get it done, switch gears and focus on the lower.

I still need to get an OEM slide kit to complete the upper. Thinking about getting an engraved back plate.

·
Registered
77 Posts
in California you CANNOT BUY a 100% complete pistol frame because a "frame" cannot be subjected to California's safe firearm testing protocol!
You can buy them through a private party transfer. I had to go this route when I still lived in CA and was building a 17L.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts