Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleanig my G17 last-night, and I noticed a (-burr-like-) divit on the top of the barrel.It,s relatively a new gun ,5 months old,6-7-hundred rnds. through it.The divit runs the top half circumfrence, about 1/4 inch from the muzzel end of the barrel not the length.Is this normal?:dunno:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can you post a pic? I have never seen anything like that. Is there a corresponding mark on the top of the hole in the slide that barrel passes through?

·
Gaff G26 User!
2,392 Posts
dango, unless you post a pic it's going to be hard to completely understand your problem. There shoulnd NOT be a "burr" anywhere on the barrel.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I field stripped the pistol,looked closely at the barrel.I had new trijicon sights installed a week ago.Looked at the slide,and it looks like lock tite has fowld the hole in the front where the barrel hole is .I can see where it has run down through the hole into the slide.I,ve got curely marks on the barrel-blueing top and bottom.It looks like the lock tite sweld and was pushing the barrel slightly up-wards and to the right!I,m going to not clean it up and go back where I had them installed !#*&#*#:steamed!

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The barrel has the smile that you speak of,but there is a distinct scratch of sorts on the upper right side of the barrel deep into the blueing!I don,t have my didgi camera handy,my son has it ,so I can,nt show you,and the burr seamed to be dryied lock-tite on the barrel.:steamed:

·
Gaff G26 User!
2,392 Posts
The barrel has the smile that you speak of,but there is a distinct scratch of sorts on the upper right side of the barrel deep into the blueing!I don,t have my didgi camera handy,my son has it ,so I can,nt show you,and the burr seamed to be dryied lock-tite on the barrel.:steamed:
...but if it is lock-tite, shouldn't just rub off?

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I know is that I did not have any complaints nor any marks before I had the sights installed by local gun-smith.Exactly what this substance is I don,t know but it dosent just rub off.It,s clear in color,hard and brittle,like epoxy or something.I can stick my little finger in the slide and feel it.It,s brittel enough to scratch the flesh on my finger,and it,s not metal,I can see it. THANKS -The only way to resolve this is to go back to the smithy,but thanks for you,er patients.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts