Glock 17 G17 Vs G19 Mags

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by C Broad Arrow, Dec 2, 2004.

Tags:
  1. C Broad Arrow

C Broad Arrow

I have a G17 that I use for IPSC(production). I want to use my G19 for IPSC(production class), but only have 2 mags for it. Should I buy G17 mags for my G19 or actual G19 mags. Yes they extend below the grip, but this would allow me to use all my mags for one gun or the other. The G19 mags dont fit in the G17.

What do you guys recommend? Is there a grip extension for the G19 that would cover the G17 mag as it extends below the grip?

2. mike from philly

mike from philly

I'm using a 19 in production. I'm slowly buying 17 mags for it. The inch that the mag extends below the 19 grip is not a problem and is an asset. Think about when you've had mag trouble, isn't it nice to be able to get a good quick grip on it. That inch overhang is definitely helpful, plus its extra weight which should help in ejection.

3. Justin1584

Justin1584 Snow

you could always chop the G17 grip ;f

;g

4. gosnmic

gosnmic Re:member

I had a couple G17+2 mags (had the +2 extension) and the only problem I ever encountered was not seating the mag properly. I inserted a fully-loaded mag, cycled in a round, fired & had the magazine drop & break open.

This is more of a user-error than equipment... However, not being able to see the magazine isn't completely inserted COULD lead to a situation like mine. (Soon afterward I sold the two mags and used the money to buy a few post-ban G19 mags :)

5. Lancelot

Lancelot

I use 19 magazines when I carry concealed. But buying 17 magazines to feed it with is a good idea. A 19 mag in the gun and 17 mags in your pouch would be okay.

What I wish they'd make is a base plate / adaptor that would allow you to run the 17 mags in the 19, but fill the gap. You don't need a plus two then, it would be cheaper to by a 17 mag, then a 19 with a plus two, and probably be more reliable.