Glock 17 G17 trigger on a G23/26?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bharen, Mar 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. bharen

bharen

OK, I've got a Glock 23 & 26 that I just love except for the grooved 'target' triggers (spit!). I really like the G17 smooth trigger. I plan to order a replacement trigger assembly but before I do I need to know - will a G17 trigger assembly with the smooth faced trigger fit the G23? How about a G26?

2. cledford3

cledford3

I just received my 17 trigger assembly from LWD today - it is destined to replace the serrated trigger in my M27 - I hate the damn thing, it (along with the flashing/over-mold) on the safely tears up my finger some kind of bad. Can't wait to put it in this weekend.

-Calvin

3. Deckard

Deckard

bharen,
    To answer your question: yes. The trigger assemblies are interchangeable between the G17, G23 and G26.
    Glock on!

4. bharen

bharen

5. cledford3

cledford3

I dropped the g17 trigger and LWD connector into my g27 last night. I've never taken a glock apart past field stripping it before. The whole thing, along with the disassembly, installation, a dessert break (pack of ho-hos) and reassembly took a little over 35 minutes. I did have a good disassembly manual, but didn't pull it out until I needed to know how to get the slide release back in - which is the final step. All other info and pics I found online. Tools required, one glock armorers punch, one roll of duck tape (to lift the gun off the table while driving out the pins), one pack of Hostess Ho-Hos and one small file to remove the "over-cast" burr on the trigger safety.

You would not believe the difference the $20 makes. ($10 for g17 trigger, $10 for connnector) The trigger feels WORLDS different and I have no doubt that accuracy will increase due the better operation. I alos have no doubt the gun will be much more enjoyable to practice with due to the smooth trigger - the grooved one is just obnoxious...

-Calvin

6. GRR

GRR

You really don't mean "drive out the pins" do you? Especially the trigger pin. You meant to say you pushed them out with the Glock Tool, right?