Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just built my first p80 G17 Gen 1 replica and had a lot of fun doing it, however, I have been having issues with it. I know I have everything assembled correctly and it works fine with no ammo, but as soon as I chamber a round, it will not go fully into battery. It is extremely close to getting there, but not enough. This is causing ejection issues also. The lower is a p80, the lower parts are Glock, and the upper parts and slide all came assembled from Rock Slide USA. I filed the back of the chamber (where firing pin hole is) a hair but it didn't seem to make a difference. I have tried contacting them many times but I guess they don't find customer support worth their time. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds like an ammo issue because the slide will close without ammo. Do you have some other ammo you could try?

And please don't file any more on your slide!

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Sounds like your barrel has a short chamber. Remove it from the slide and plunk test your ammo. Oh, did I read that you thinned the breach face of your slide? How much metal did you remove? Good luck with that.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
So we have a P80 lower, a Rock USA slide, and OEM internals.

Can you even tap it into battery?
Is the Recoil Spring over powdered by the Striker Spring?
Did you remove the Extractor from the slide to see if it goes into battery?
Did you take the slide off, plunk test a round into the barrel, then assemble the barrel with round in chamber into the slide while it is all off the frame?

There are lots of things to poke around with in terms of parts working together before the files need to be pulled out.

Lastly, even if the problem is the slide, it's now out of warranty, and if that was the solution it should have been done properly on a mill.

·
Super Moderator
20,275 Posts
Unless the lower receiver is a Glock, the pistol is not considered a Glock, and only Glock threads are allowed in General Glocking.

I will move this to the Gunsmithing area for now, and if you don't get enough answers there over the next few weeks, at your request I'll move it again to the General Firearms Forum. These are the only two forums where discussions about Glock-type non-Glock pistols such as the Polymer80 home-assembled pistols can be discussed.

Thread moved.

·
Registered
578 Posts
people who have NO clue shouldn't play with guns..... Your issue is your barrel.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts