G17 slide on a G37 frame?

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by SkippyKustoms, Jan 12, 2020.

1. SkippyKustoms

SkippyKustoms

I know the topic of conversion kits has been beaten like a dead horse. The ATI kit is the only known .40 conversion for the gap and the be honest the .40 ammo is just as expensive as .45Gap. Just pondering other ideas and possible options. Being as how my tactical solutions .22 conversion kit will fit my 37 as well as a 17 and a 22. The upper just slides right on to my 37 frame, could I possibly swap slides to a 17 with 17 mags? I guess what I’m asking is are the internals of the frame the same? What’s your thoughts?

tuica likes this.
  2. HappyGAP

HappyGAP

Yes the frames are identical. 37 and 17 slides will fit the full size frame. Your extractor may need be switched with the 9mm extractor since the case is smaller, but your trigger group and locking block will be the same. I have taken a 19 frame and slid a 38 frame on but that is a small extractor on a large case...

tuica likes this.

3. squirrel_slayer

squirrel_slayer

Ejector needs to be changed, nothing else. While your at it you can get a gen 5 ejector for more reliable operation.

47208 is what you seek. push the ejector out of the trigger block, throw block in the garbage swap out GAP ejector, put 17 top end on and it's off to the races.

4. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

If it’s a Gen 3, throw a part #357 Trigger in for good measure. Gets rid of that awful bump.

5. squirrel_slayer

squirrel_slayer

It should have the smooth face trigger even if gen 3? Thought only the 38,39 had the serrated triggers? I know my G3 37 has a smooth face trigger.

But I do agree my 19's all got the smooth face trigger treatment first thing. Why does glock even make that piece of garbage?

6. legalsten

legalsten

The grooved trigger is to get past the 1968 bull poop gun law and get enough " points " for importation .

buster55 likes this.