Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Proud Pop
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot my G17 the other day. Accurate just accurate. You can't beat this well priced, high cap and durable handgun. This is the ultimate combat handgun. When I first purchased it I couldn't shoot it like my G19 or even G26. Much less my G30 which is still super accurate. After the .25cent trigger job, 3.5lb Scherer connector and competition trigger spring, this baby rocks. Just to think I thoght of selling this wonder less than a year ago.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Good to hear. I have to get out and put mine through the ringer. Had to wait for sights and 3.5 connector. I have a feeling that my g17 will be feared in IDPA esp division.
This club needs some more envolvement......

·
Registered
529 Posts
This weekend, I will purchase either a G17 or a G19. What advantage (besides capacity)does the 17 have over the 19? Any difference in accuracy or muzzle flip? There's really not that much difference in size. I will be using for personal protection & CCW (I can hide either on my fat waist). Probably 100% of the rounds fired will be at a paper target at the range. I want to enjoy shooting and have fun, both pistols feel okay in my hands. So, opinions?

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Originally posted by Txnowtn
This weekend, I will purchase either a G17 or a G19. What advantage (besides capacity)does the 17 have over the 19? Any difference in accuracy or muzzle flip? There's really not that much difference in size. I will be using for personal protection & CCW (I can hide either on my fat waist). Probably 100% of the rounds fired will be at a paper target at the range. I want to enjoy shooting and have fun, both pistols feel okay in my hands. So, opinions?
The G17 has a bit less muzzle flip. Apart from that, the main difference is how they fit your hand (plus sight differences in overall size, weight and magazine capacity). Some folks prefer the grip of one or the other, based on differences in grip length and backstrap shape.

I can't decide which I like better, so I have both--and likewise for the G37 and G38.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I went with the 19 and I love it. My hands are large and the 19 grip just does barely fit, but the result is that I have to hold high up on the grip which gives better accuracy. I have never shot so accurately with a new out-of-the-box pistol as I have with this one. And yes, I also want a 17 now, too! Also love the lower prices for ammo with 9mm. Wal Mart has Winchester white box 100 rounds for under $12.00.

·
"Senior" Member
740 Posts
I went with the 19 and I love it. My hands are large and the 19 grip just does barely fit, but the result is that I have to hold high up on the grip which gives better accuracy. I have never shot so accurately with a new out-of-the-box pistol as I have with this one. And yes, I also want a 17 now, too! Also love the lower prices for ammo with 9mm. Wal Mart has Winchester white box 100 rounds for under $12.00.
The only problem with having large hands and holding high on the grip is that sometimes the web of your hand gets hit by the slide.

It happens to me pretty often, peeling off some skin. I'd like the G17 but can't conceal it as well as the G19. THe world isn't fair.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Originally posted by lastevolution
The only problem with having large hands and holding high on the grip is that sometimes the web of your hand gets hit by the slide.

It happens to me pretty often, peeling off some skin. I'd like the G17 but can't conceal it as well as the G19. THe world isn't fair.
I have had that problem, but so far it just rubs and hasn't cost any skin. WHY couldn't Glock make a "commander" size - A 17 grip with a 19 slide? Talk about perfect!

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
I have had that problem, but so far it just rubs and hasn't cost any skin. WHY couldn't Glock make a "commander" size - A 17 grip with a 19 slide? Talk about perfect!
Try putting a Glock 7151 or Pearce mag extension on a G19 mag. Or use a G17 mag in your G19, with or without mag sleeves.

·
you savvy?
23,473 Posts
mine is bone stock except for the sights which dont effect how it shoots.....

i will have to admit the 19 and the 17 are a toss up for me, but if i could have only one, the 17 would be it.

·
Registered
16,916 Posts
They could make it I'm sure.

But for me the hardes part to conceal on a gun is the grip. I've never been a fan of full sized grips and short slides for that reason.

If I'm going to have a full sized grip I might as well have the longer barrel to go along with it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I love carrying my 17! I am 5'8", 160 lbs and my C-TAC pulls the grip very close to my torso at the 3:30 position. I also shoot IDPA with this set up.

I like this gun so much I'm considering trading in my 26 for another 17 sized Glock...maybe even a 37!

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Originally posted by mike23
I love carrying my 17! I am 5'8", 160 lbs and my C-TAC pulls the grip very close to my torso at the 3:30 position. I also shoot IDPA with this set up.

I like this gun so much I'm considering trading in my 26 for another 17 sized Glock...maybe even a 37!
Try the G37; I think you'll like it!

·
big member
29 Posts
Iduno about the G17 as a CCW. It's what I carry (for now), but it's a little big.
The 19 seems like the best of both worlds.
Don't get me wrong, I love my 17 and won't give it up for the world, but, I'm starting to feel the need for a smaller CCW.
It just so happens that I held the 19 and the 26 at the gun shop today, and the 26 is out immediately, too small for my hand.
However, the 19 isn't bad - I don't like the grip as much as my baby (the 17 people:)) - but it is smaller in all the right places.
Now I just need to shoot it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Originally posted by gary newport
Try the G37; I think you'll like it!
I ended up trading my 26 for a 23 and getting a 22. The cost of practice ammo was the deciding factor for me. But I still love the GAP concept.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts