Glock 17 G17 shell ejection

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Banjoboy, Nov 22, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Banjoboy

Banjoboy

I have a 3rd gen 17 that continually seems to throw the ejected brass straight up into the air which sometimes lands on the body. This problem is only when using standard pressure loads. When using any +P load the brass flies a good distance away. I changed the spring on my extractor thinking that maybe it was weak and examined the extractor to look for damage but found none. Would changing the extractor to a different angle help this problem? I assure you I am not limp wristing the weapon. What about a lighter spring when using standard loads?

2. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

It could be a few things. Underpowered ammo,dirty gun with no lube on rails,perhaps a bent or damaged ejector(replace trigger mechanism w/ejector), or a problem with how you are holding the pistol. With low-powered target ammo, you need to make sure your arms are locked as well as your wrists. To test your recoil spring: hold your unloaded pistol barrel towards ceiling with slide locked back, release slide stop lever, if pistol goes completely into battery the spring is fine.

Good Luck,

Don