close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G17 RTF2 with SHARK Gills

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Rustin, Jul 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Rustin

Rustin

Greetings all!

Just picked up my new hands down favorite 9mm pistol the other day. It's a NIB Glock 17 RTF2 with gills! I am completely enamored with this fair maiden and I can't wait to put large volumes of lead through it. It was born on 11/29/10 with a PEW series serial no.

First off, the grip texture is the best I've felt on any handgun. It sticks like sandpaper and your grip will not shift in the mud/blood/tears. Secondly, I like to be different so the gills really do it for me. Surprisingly, the gills don't add much traction when gripping the slide over the standard serrations. I will have to put some strategically placed griptape on top of the slide to help with more purchase on these vasoline-coated slides lol.

I have found that this pistol is in no way too large to carry for any casual carry scenarios. If the 17 is too big for the occasion, I feel the 19 will also be too large and the 26 will even be stretching it. In those situations the LCR will do. I want to start a thread about how the 17 carries just as easily as the 19 but I'll save all of that for later. Right now I need to give a big shoutout to a fellow Glocktalker, STOLENPHOTO! If it weren't for him, I would not own an RTF2 glock. He informed me that a gunshop near him had one in stock brand new and I jumped on it. NIB with no price hike! Thanks SP, I appreciate your help. If your ever in my neck of the woods just give me a holler and I'll buy some ammo and take you shootin'. :supergrin:

Anyway, I can't upload any photos but maybe SP could post his for me( Maybe that star wars PEW photo as well lol...). :wavey:They might even be consecutive SN's so I think that'll do. Wish I could upload some pics. I took photos on my digi camera but, well, I just can't get it to work, go figure.:faint:

Range report soon and definitely a 17 vs. 19 carry type carry thread. Gills for life!

2. Comedian

Comedian

I got one too. My favorite Glock. Enjoy it!

3. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Congrats Rustin!

4. bac1023

bac1023

5. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Glad you were able to pick it up. Yours probably looks something like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Too bad I wasn't around last weekend, I could have met you up there and went to a range close by. I'll be at a wedding in Delaware Saturday, but no time to shoot.

6. Rustin

Rustin

Awesome! Thanks SP. The only difference is I have the pearce plus two on a 17 rounder. Although, I would like to find some OEM plus twos. I wonder if we have consecutive SN's. I really like my SN lol. I hope to acquire a threaded bbl. as well, mostly for shooting reloads when I get the equipment, but also because, well, you know... :cool:

However, I'm gettin' a TLR-1 first. Maybe some sights, and a good holster. I'm leaning toward a hybrid IWB or Kydex OWB or AIWB, but as you can tell there are just so many options! Thanks again. I'm usually off on the weekend,at least saturdays, so give me a shout.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  7. GTS197

GTS197

Welcome to the RTF club, my gilled 17 is hands down my favorite also.

Congrats on your new aquisition!

8. Zeebra724

Zeebra724

I love mine as well! And I carry with it just fine--even though I'm 5'7" -- love my Galco summer comfort holster :cool:
    [​IMG]

9. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

10. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

You finally got Rustin Congrats!!!! Since yours has shark gills it should be shot underwater first..:tongueout:

11. hearsedriver

hearsedriver

The only thing better than a RTF-2 is "2" RTF-2's !! Congrats! They are my favorite Glocks.

12. Prryan45

Prryan45

Mine was born on 11/24/10.

13. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

[​IMG]

I liked mine, sold it off to buy a G32 though and never looked back.

14. .50 cal

.50 cal

Congrats, one of my favorites as well

15. Raven1967

Raven1967

16. larson1122

larson1122

17. Rustin

Rustin

Thanks guys. I can't wait to take it out. I'm hoping to get out on Friday. I've heard many times that the RTF2 Glock's are the pinnacle of Glock perfection. If it shoots as good as it feels, I think I'll have to agree with that sentiment. I plan on carrying this pistol a lot, so I need a great holster to do so. I'm thinkin' the MTAC is right up my alley as far as a 3:00-4:00 IWB holster goes.

As far as accessories, I'm planning on getting sights, a TLR-1, and a threaded bbl., and tons of mags. I have an older Gen1 non drop free mag that I'm afraid to use. It's probably older than I am and it's got some rust in the inside. The gun came with two mags total so I really need to stock up on some factory 17 rounders.

18. s0nspark

s0nspark Talk is cheap!

I would love an RTF2 G17 ... Congrats!

19. Dogman 10x

Dogman 10x

How about the g21-SF-RTF2!..... They are coming back!

20. Rustin

Rustin

I just read about that in another thread. I can't help having doubts about that seeing as the Gen4 G1 was just released not too long ago..