Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
MWAG
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a while back I got to fondle a G22 RTF2 and I became one of 4 people of GT who like the new frame. I've recently had the notion to get a G17 to complement my G19 and G26. Well, lo and behold, I go to the range today and they just so happen to have gotten a shipment of G17 RTF2s in stock. Bingo!!!

This gun is going to primarily be a range gun. On occasion I may carry it, but my G19 is my primary EDC. I got to shoot it after the sale was completed. I'll skip the details about accuracy, etc. It's a Glock; they do what they do. I do want to give my impressions of the frame's texture and the fish gill slide serrations in context of actual shooting.

To sum it up, I love them both. I tend to perspire a lot and it is summer in Florida (I know it's May. It was 95* today. It's summer). The rough texture frame DOES NOT slip in your hands at all. It somehow manages to dig into your hand without hurting you, which was awesome. The fish gill slide serrations also help in this regard. Though I've never really had a problem gripping the vertical ones, these are even easier to grab than the vertical ones.

This gun, from my understanding, was designed for special team operators who may encounter conditions where there gloves becomes wet. For that type of scenario, or for someone like me who sweats a lot in the summer, this weapon is absolutely awesome. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but that was my first impression after 100 rounds through it.

Oh, and I know :needspics:, so here she is:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations on your new addition! I like the RTF2 design and just wish that Glock would release the G21 RTF2…

·
MWAG
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't heard anything about a G21 RTF being in the works. Anyone know something I don't?

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
Congrats! :wavey:

·
MWAG
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Glock17 is an excellent handgun! I have a 17 RTF ordered directly from Glock! I am a LEO!!
You're going to LOVE it. I can see this being the PERFECT duty weapon. Let us know what you think of it when it comes in.

·
MWAG
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone know if Glock plans to offer the RTF on the sub-compacts ?
From what I've read, the G31 and the compacts are next (19/23/32) and then after that, who knows? From shooting it tonight, I do think that the RTF might be a little abrasive for such a small gun. Hard to explain, you'll have to take my word for it.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

·
GTDS FOR LIFE
10,587 Posts
Sweet! looks nice. :cool:

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Looks good, congrats. Enjoy and be safe.

·
Got Glock?
13,775 Posts
I'm glad that your happy with it.

:wavey:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts