Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have a Glock 19 3rd gen with XS Trijicon night sights and would like to get another Glock. Will use the G19 for carry and home defense. Looking for something maybe a little bigger for use in a tatical training and maybe SHTF. I been building up a supply of 9mm and just courious what others are currently doing. should I go with a G17 and stay with the same cal. or go with another cal. to get more experience with other cals? I have started reloading and will get to the point that I will reload more of my ammo focusing on defensive ammo and buying cheap practice rounds. Did not really like the glock at first but I am getting better with it and feel that it is one of the best fire arms that I have owned. Hate to have just one.

Not looking for anything smaller like a G26 plan on getting a Smith & Wesson 442 when I need something small for carry, thats if i get my CCL waiting on that one LOL.

·
Glock 19 Rocks!
6,477 Posts
I concur with Butch! :supergrin:

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I started with a G17, I also have a 9mm Beretta Centurion. I just ordered a G22 RTF. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket and go with just 9mm. I hope to get a G19 or G23 next

·
Registered
752 Posts
I too have been thinking of getting a G 17. I had a 22, but didn't like it. After I shot the 21 and loved it I started liking glocks again. If 45 wasn't soo expensive I'd get a 21.

·
Helicopter Nut
7,762 Posts
Can't go wrong getting the 17 and plus you will find a new hobby reloading 9mm. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I carry a G26 and shoot either it or a G19 in regular IDPA and USPSA matches at my club. A G19 is also by the bed at night. But yesterday I had a chance to handle a friend's G34 that he uses for competition - HiViz front sight, 3.5 connector, skateboard tape on the grip - and I must say it was one sweet package. For its purpose.

When you get to reloading, most reloaders would load their (cheap) practice ammo and buy the much-less-frequently-shot defense ammo. In addition to the economics, check out the several (many) threads on various forums on the undesirability of carrying reloads for defense purposes.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Might check out the Gen 4 17 or 22. I had a 3rd generation 22 and did not like having to twist my hand on the grip to hit the mag release. Sold my 22 right away and went with a Sig 226. Than along comes Glock with the Gen 4. Tried one on for size and loved it and brought it home. I am now looking at the Gen 4 17 for lower shooting cost as well. Seems like everyone overcharges for the .40. It's that darn supply and demand thing I figure.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Might check out the Gen 4 17 or 22. I had a 3rd generation 22 and did not like having to twist my hand on the grip to hit the mag release. Sold my 22 right away and went with a Sig 226. Than along comes Glock with the Gen 4. Tried one on for size and loved it and brought it home. I am now looking at the Gen 4 17 for lower shooting cost as well. Seems like everyone overcharges for the .40. It's that darn supply and demand thing I figure.
I agree 100% on the Mag release. My Gen4 Mag release is one of the best things Glock did with the Gen4 But I would never sell my G22 Gen3 RTF. I like the slide serrations, and the Grip.

·
Banned
1,881 Posts
You may want to hold off on the G17 G4 and look at reliability after it has been on the market for a while.

Mine is back at Glock, sent back less than 2 weeks after purchase.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Go with the 17 or even the Long Slide. I just got the 19 but had trouble putting down the 17. 17 IMO

·
Registered
885 Posts
Since this is an opinion base question I'll voice mine.

You have a G19....which imho is the 'perfection'. Its great for carry (if that works for you), its good for HD and its great for target practice. Its everything a gun should be.

Ok, now you have the perfect gun.

Why not venture off into something else? Sure Glocks are great. Do you have any experience with Sigs? S&W, like the M&P? ANY 1911?

I love my Glocks but if the government were to bust down my door right now and say "You can only have 1 handgun"...My be holding my 1911 in one hand and my Sig in the other debate the deal...

Anyway, my opinion is to try something else. The only reason I love my Glock is because it has decently accurate and decently reliable, for a good price. My 1911 is extremely accurate and extremely reliable for a much larger price. Same goes for my sig...

Just my opinion...dont hate...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts