Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my newish G17 second series to the range for the first time today and shot off 325 rounds without any failures of any kind whatsoever. Shooting at 25 meters the gun was shooting to the left and a tad too low however. At 10 yards it was hard to keep a nice group together and it still shot to the left and a bit lower than the point of aim. Most of my shooting was Wallyworld Winchester 100 round 115 gr FMJ stuff with a box of Rem. 124gr Golden Sabres also. I'm not a big fan of the stock Glock sights so, what's the consensus on better than average aftermarket sights for Glocks? Is there an available adjustable rear sight that's any good? Thanks.

·
252 Posts
I recently bought a G17 3rd gen. I swapped out the stock sights for AmeriGlo Ghost Ring night sights. I really love these sights. I was chasing a soda can down the road the other day starting at 11 yds and ending at about 40 without a miss. I even took one shot at my son's 22 metal target (50 yards) and hit it. I may even swap my other Glocks to the Ghost Ring sights too.

Ed

I was shooting WWB 115gr FMJ too.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, those seem very nice. Self installing ta boot? What's not to like. Before I get more sights I will practice more with the G17 and see if I can't get a bit more used to how it shoots and better at putting the rounds where they need to go. I scrubbed the barrel out today real good and used JB Bore cleaner just to really get it clean after the range session. My G30 is shooting better and better as it breaks in. Today I was shooting it to just about POA and the groups were smaller than the last time I had it out. Hoping for the same deal with the G17 as I break it in with another 1000 rounds or so.

·
Registered
45 Posts
TRU-GLO TFO They are so good that they are not allowed on the production division of IPSC while Meprolights and Heine are, too much of an advantage I guess.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Shooting left and low is common for Glock shooters including my self, try dry fireing until the sights do not move when pulling trigger. As far as sights I like the Meps.
Also see if this chart will help, It worked for me to correct my low left shots.

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Stock sights work just fine and you don't need no stinkin' adjustable sights. Sorry.

You can adjust your fixed rear sight if necessary.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually I should have stated aftermarket night sights. I do tend to shoot better with 3 dot sight pictures or all black BTW. Have no clue how those will work for me on a Glock however. Thanks for the trigger control map, I'll work on my shooting. The one thing I did notice today is that the more concentration I put into shooting the G17 helped my groups and control with my G30 even better. I only had 50 rounds of factory hardball 230gr for the G30 and was function testing my new flush fit 9 round magazine. I'd fire of a mag of 45 for every 50 rounds of 9mm or so. I'm digging both of these Glocks and am half tempted to either go with a G21 or a G26 next to round out my collection.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PS, I also discovered through searching the forums that some guys have noticed their Glocks shooting low and to the left when new. Seems like the problem clears up after practice. This is good info to know, now I am sure my Glock is probably fine since the problem is more shooter oriented and not a goofy sight problem. Thanks.

·
Retired Member
9,202 Posts
Presently set up as folows...

G21: Meprolight 3-dot tritium.

G19: Trijicon 3-dot tritium.

G17: Dawson Precision CGR Glock/XD set up (not night sights).

All of the above are great...

The DP/CGR are the superior range/target sights.

--Ray

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Originally posted by bruchi
TRU-GLO TFO They are so good that they are not allowed on the production division of IPSC while Meprolights and Heine are, too much of an advantage I guess.
I think your statement is too funny. If Tru-Glo's were so superior, they would have swept the market by now. They haven't, and I don't think our Glocks should resemble Star Trek tazers either.

·
I did it first.
3,172 Posts
Originally posted by bruchi
But while legal for limited and standard no one who wins is using them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts