Glock 17 G17 NDF mags from CDNN/Norway

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DougW, Aug 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. DougW

DougW Native Texan

Bought 2 of the Norwegian contract G17 Glock mags from CDNN. They are brand new. I did notice though that the mags have a tendency to allow the front of the follower to pop up when not loaded and out of the pistol. I don't know if this will cause an issue later.

The feed lips do not appear to be touching the plastic part of the upper mag. It is almost as if the feed lips are a little wide. I disassembled one and gently squeezed the lips together, and the problem is not so pronounced. They have Glock impressed in the body with a triangle below the name Glock, and appear to be authentic. I am certain they were made in Norway under contract. They were relativly inexpensive, so a trip to the range is next. They appear to function and lock up normally when the pistol is dry cycled.

I may buy some drop free bodies and rebuild these later if they give me any problems. These are going with my first Glock, which is a 1st Gen rebuilt in 1998 by Glock. We shall see.

2. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Somebody posted in another thread that the Norwegian mags aren't metal-lined from the mag release slot down. I wouldn't want a mag that wasn't lined all the way to the floorplate.

3. JeepDriver

JeepDriver

Do they have a stamp like the one on the left?
    [​IMG]

If they do buy them. Mine has been 100% and it drop free when loaded.

4. DougW

DougW Native Texan

JeepDriver, yes they do have the same mark. Bought two, and I am sure they have lots more. All the dropfree mags I have seen recently are $100 or more. Don't want one that bad, especially with the sunset coming. Did fine one G17 mag with the +2 factory base, NDF of course. Using that one, the pistol seams to shoot forever.

WalterGA, since mags are kinda expensive these days and the drop free mags are a little hard to find and expensive, I am very pleased with my purchase.If you don't want any, that is cool. Being new to the Glock, I am satisified with any mag I can find that I don't have to take a bank loan out on. No, the mags are not metal lined to the floor plate. All this means is that I must either practice a different move doing a tactical reload, or run the gun dry. My pistols are secondary to my long guns anyway. But, as they say, each to his own. ;c

5. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Doug: NFML mags that aren't fully lined on three sides are somewhat of a rarity. As a matter of fact, the Norwegian mags in question are the only ones I ever heard of with that type of construction. I'm pretty well fixed with pre-bans myself, so wouldn't have been in the market for the Norwegian mags, anyway. I'm just curious as to why they're different from "standard" NFML Glock factory mags??? Anybody know??

6. mr glock-fl

mr glock-fl

Hi WalterGa,

On the earlier mags you can switch the follower to a newer one and that should fix the follower from sticking out of the mag.I found the same problem on my 1st gen mags,I switched to the 9mm and 9mm1's which are a little longer and it solved my problem.Check the follower if it has no marking where the bullet rests then it is a 1st generation follower.After that they put 9mm,9mm1,9mm2 and 9mm3.They may even have a 4(5th gen)by now but the last follwers I ordered were 9mm3's.
    Also if it is a 1st gen mag it will a straight angle cut slightly downward on both sides of the mags.Its at the top where it goes from double stack to single to feed it to the chamber.All mags built for the second generation have a downward cut on the rightside but it goes upwared at the back on the left side.This is so you can put a 17 mag into a 19 w/o damaging the extractor.All 2nd generation frames and since have the small block built-into the left side of the frame to physicaly stop the mag.Sigs and all the others did not add this feature to there frames.

I have not seen these mags yet so I am guessing.I just saw the photo on CDNN,it shows that I was right-I bet you a cup of coffee this will fix the problem-if the mags lips are not damaged.

Good Luck ;V ;V

7. DougW

DougW Native Texan

mr glock-fl, thanks for the info. You are correct that these appear to be 1st gen. The followers do not have the markings you cited. The feed lips do look good. I loaded both with 17 rounds and emptied them by hand outside the pistol. All was smooth and slick, and I think they will work fine. I will take your advice on the follower. We'll see!;c

8. mg42

mg42

Norwegian armed forces Glock mags are all made by the Glock factory in Austria. AFAIK there has never been any licensed or any other production of Glock mags in Norway at all.
    The vast majority if not all are NDF 1.gen.

Markings of Norwegian military G17 mags can be seen @ below links.

Mag fullsize
    Marking detail

The G17 used by Norwegian armed forces is dubbed P 80 and is also marked this way on the slide where the commercial G17 is marked "17"

Is there anyone that can confirm that the mags CDNN sells has the excact same markings?

9. WFO2

WFO2

I had bought one of those mags from CDNN . I could not get it to feed reliably in my G17 the rounds sit lower in the mag . I tried to change out springs and followers with factory stuff and stiil FTF problems . I have to say this they did take it back and offered a return or refund . From now on for me it is factory stuff or NADA.....

10. Blah!

Blah! Guest

I have two of the mags like the ones pictured above and they do drop free and are metal lined to the floor. The mags the original poster is talking about are differnt than the mags pictured above if you look close at the mags at cdnn they look like they have a small square notch on the top not the u notch like traditional NFML

11. Glenn E. Meyer

Glenn E. Meyer

I bought one of the CDNN Norwegian mags just because. I put 100 rounds of FMJ through it last weekend without a hiccup. I couldn't get the 17th round in though.

I'm waiting for the AWB sunset when new full cap mags will sprout on trees in front of my house.