G17 MoS Gen 5 light primêr strikes?!?!?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Compshooter_Sam, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Compshooter_Sam

Compshooter_Sam

Just bought a G17 MOS Gen 5. It was super tight and hard to rack the slide and release the slide (I know, I know don't rack me over the coals). So I decided that it needed some break in time. After settling on a 1K round bench mark I started shooting. I am shooting competition loaded reloads and getting light primer strikes(LPS). After almost 500 rounds and getting a ratio of about 1 LPS per 25 rounds fired I am confused! I didn't think about the first one, but after the 4th or 5th time, my buddy/reloader started to notice. We exchanged mags, same thing. He loaded the light strike round and it fired? Any ideas? If not the right forum let me know, thanks

2. ActanonVerba70

ActanonVerba70

NOTE : click to expand quote.

3. Compshooter_Sam

Compshooter_Sam

Dude that's awesome!!! Some centered some not

4. OdinIII

OdinIII

The out of centered ones means that it wasn’t fully in battery.

Also, it shouldn’t be tight or hard to rack. I’d have someone familiar with Glocks check it out. If your buddy had the same gun and generation then you could swap the frame, slide, barrel and recoil assembly to find the problem.

5. Compshooter_Sam

Compshooter_Sam

You guys are awesome. I check some of the ammo now that I am home. Visually they look okay but going to pull out the dial calipers to measure.