Glock 17 G17 mag in G26 questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dodgerr, Oct 18, 2004.

Tags:
  1. dodgerr

dodgerr

I plan to get some g17 mags for my G26 as backup mags. Will they work reliably in G26? Where is the best place to buy them?

2. LSP972

LSP972

They will work fine. My wife prefers them over the Pearce grip extender when doing range work.

3. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

I only have the two G26 mags that came with the gun. Other than that I use standard G17 mags for my G26 and they are just as reliable as they are on my G17.

When carrying my G26 on the street I use a G26 mag for concealability, but the reload is a standard G17 mag. I have not experienced any problems whatsoever when shooting the G26 with the G17 mags. Slow fire, rapid fire, controlled pairs, multiple shots, etc. no problem. Pre-banners, LE only, post banners, no problem!

4. unit 900

unit 900

This came up frequently when my old agency issued the G17. Experience of the veteran range officers was that the G17 mags worked fine, as long as you did NOT apply upward pressure against the mag base plate. I never had a problem.

5. dodgerr

dodgerr

Thanks guys. I just ordered couple used LEO 17rd mags from CDNN. I was going to get some of those non-drop-free versions they had (factory new) but they disappeared before I was able to order. Any one has experiences with A&G sleeves?

6. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

The A&G sleeves are fine. One suggestion is to place a sort of padding (a piece of used leather or plastic) between the screw and the magazine. The screws in the A&G sleeves tend to create a hole in your magazine through time. Other than that, they are well-made and durable.

7. LSP972

LSP972

Jeez; I HAVE been out of the loop for a while.

What's an "A&G" sleeve??????

8. Dandapani

Dandapani

I'm going to find out tonight how well this works. I'm taking my G33 with 9mm conversion barrel and G17 mag to the range for break in... These Glocks are real Frankenstein guns. Pull a part here, a part there, and "IT'S ALIVE!!!" Gotta love them!

9. dodgerr

dodgerr

10. LSP972

LSP972

Hmmm...

Yet another answer in search of a question...;Q

Thanks, dodgerr.

11. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Guess again. Intelligent use of plastic, for those of us intelligent enough to appreciate 'em. :)

12. WalterGA

Here's an intelligent use of a THE Accessories +5 extension. :)

13. LSP972

LSP972

Gee; I didn't realize I was such a slug.

Whatever. Enjoy your gadgets. Some of us can get by without crutches.

14. drofnas

drofnas Senior Member

You betcha. Great back-up mags. No problems just as they are. I just ordered 4 more from Lone Wolf (along with a G18 mag just for fun).

15. dodgerr

dodgerr

Received 3 17rd mags from CDNN, they are LEO marked, made in 1994, look well used, two of them have 9mm1 followers another has 9mm3 follower. Tried them out at the range last weekend, boy what a blast. They function flawlessly, and the gun felt more balanced in my hand.

16. WalterGA

That's pretty lame. There's nothing "crutch-like" about an A&G sleeve, nor is there anything "crutch-like" about a +5 extension. For a few bucks, the A&G sleeve provides a better grip than one gets without the sleeve, and, there's a mechanical advantage to the use of the sleeve. That might be a little too complicated for one with such a limited concept of "crutch", but I'm sure the others understand. ;)

17. drofnas

drofnas Senior Member

Wow. Kinda rude. You asked what they were, and he told you. Then you dogged him for it.

(Personally, I don't choose the A&G extensions. I think the G17 mags in a G26 are fine "as-is". I can see why some would choose them though. It's just as I prefer the G26 grips without a Pearce extension. I can understand why some like them. Just not for me.)

18. vafish

vafish

How badly do those slide sleeves pinch your fingers?

I looks like a great way to slam your pinky.

I shoot my G19 with G17 mags in it. Works just fine.

19. LSP972

LSP972

Dogged him for it???? I made an observation, and thanked him for the information. Dunno how you get rude outta that.

Walter, I realize you take pride in your self-perception as the grand old curmudgeon of GT, but your weak attempts at character asassination are totally wasted on me. Besides, I really thought you could do better than that.