Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I correct in what I have read, a G17 17 round mag will work just fine in my G19. I am thinking of purchasing a G17 mag.

·
Registered
94 Posts
yes it will. i myself haven't tried it, but read alot about it. the magazine just sticks out that's all, but they do sell sleeves to fill up the gap.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I keep a G22 magazine in my G23 while in home-defense mode.

Two more rounds never hurt anyone....except the BG's!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yup it does...in fact the mags on all the standard and compact 9mm Glocks will work in each other. The subcompact itty bitty 10 round G26 mag is the exception.

·
NRA Life Member
5,447 Posts
Yup it does...in fact the mags on all the standard and compact 9mm Glocks will work in each other. The subcompact itty bitty 10 round G26 mag is the exception.
Uh, not quite. All the larger mags will work in the smaller frames, i.e. 17 mag works in 19 and 26. 19 mag works in 26.

BUT the smaller mags DO NOT work in the larger frame, i.e. the 19 will not work in the 17 - too short! the 26 only works in the 26.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Uh, not quite. All the larger mags will work in the smaller frames, i.e. 17 mag works in 19 and 26. 19 mag works in 26.

BUT the smaller mags DO NOT work in the larger frame, i.e. the 19 will not work in the 17 - too short! the 26 only works in the 26.

Hope this helps.
Oops...fergot that bit. I stand corrected. Thanks!

·
Registered
780 Posts
The same goes for all the Glock platforms I believe. I use a G21 mag in my 30 sometimes.

·
Premium Member
7,584 Posts
Yeah the same goes for all the Glock platform. I use Glock 23 mags in my Glock 27. Glock 20 mags you can use in a Glock 29. Same goes for G21 and G30...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts