close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G17 has a new "Big Brother"- G20

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GarryK, Jan 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. GarryK

GarryK

$425 for a 3 gen G20 (used, <50 rounds
    ) Put 50 rounds through it at the range after firing 1 mag of 9mm from the 17 for comparison.

The pistol fits me like it was made from a mold of my hand, and I honestly didn't notice a "huge" differnce in recoil or muzzle flip. It was definitely more, but not at all as much as I thought.

I plan on getting a LW .40 conversion barrel to make it a bit more economical to shoot at the range, but I'll still get inplenty of practice with the big boys, too.

I seem to have devoloped some sort of illness that is only treatable with high doses of lead (this is a joke, please, no lectures on the dangers of lead poisoning)​

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  2. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

About time.
    Enjoy.
    :supergrin:

3. Kwanger

Kwanger

Very cool! sounds a great price too

4. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

5. kda

kda NRA Life Member

I noticed several barely used Glocks in 10 mm at my favorite gun shop. Decent prices too ... sort of took me by surprise to see three or four Glocks of the same caliber for sale at one time in the smallish used gun case. Something is afoot it appears.

6. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

Ammo prices are a killer, and with the economy people can't afford to feed the 10mm

7. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Nice gun
    In my neck of the woods I see reg 21's pretty cheap but used 20's seem to go for almost new prices

8. GarryK

GarryK

This is my guess. I wont be shooting it a ton, but enough to be proficient. $.60/shot is pretty steep (about average for a box of 50 here), $.51/ea is still high (cheapest pricing found on the web). I will get some JHP for HD service, and those will be really spendy.

The .40 conversion will pay for itself pretty quickly in ammo price, while allowing me to get comfortable with the larger frame.