Home > Glock Talk > General Glocking > G17 Gen I complete.... value?

G17 Gen I complete.... value?

1. A local guy is selling excellent condition first generation G17 complete with proper tuperware box and papers.

He wants $700. I don't know whether this is a good price or not.

Your advice will be appreciated.

2. He's bumped his head IMO!

3. $450 for mine in 99% condition.

4. I would not pay that much, but you might. Depends on how much you want to spend... There seems to be a demand for them currently, but long term, who knows for certain. If you are looking for collector status, maybe, but I would make sure it is unfired. For a shooter, no way. You can find two gen 2s for the same price, if you look around...

5. No way toooooo much!! I'd pm Duck if I was you.

6. Thanks to all. I also think the price is too high, but I wanted to check with others. I'll pass.

:wavey:

7. Is the guide rod made of gold, if not dont buy. If you really want a Gen 1 search around classifieds, gunbroker type sites. If you are a collector and there is something special about this gun then, to each his own.

The last thing you want is to have a guy come on this site and say "Hi, new member here just bought a new Gen 4 G17 after selling my old Gen 1 G17 and boy did I make out on this one"

:50cal:

8. OOPS, that's what I paid--it's NOT FOR SALE

9. I would rather purchase 2 police trade-ins for that kind of money.

I see Gen1 17s in the 350-500 price when I see them forsale. $700 is way too much.

Passed on a decent gen2 17 for $339 last Friday. I simply don't have enough money to purchase all the deals that are out there.

10. CDNN recently advertised a Gen 1 in good to excellent condition for 750.00