close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G17 Gen 4 w/NS

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by ctkenc, Mar 28, 2010.

1. ctkenc

ctkenc

What brand of Night Sights are used on a Gen 4 G17 straight from Glock?
    Thanks

2. Mochahooligan

Mochahooligan

Trijicon or the GNS depends on what you ask for.

3. Theskip

Theskip GSSF n00b

Unless things have recently changed at Glock, you should have a choice between Glock brand night sights, or Trijicon night sights. It all depends on what your FFL has on hand since the guns come in sealed boxes. There is of course, the aftermarket in case your FFL does not have the factory pistol you desire.

4. ctkenc

ctkenc

I have a chance to look at a G17 with NS already installed from the factory.
    Assume therefor, they are GNS .... question is, who makes "GNS", are they Mepro's?
    Thanks

5. ctkenc

ctkenc

Do you know who makes the "GNS" ... are they Mepro's ?
    Thanks

6. Mochahooligan

Mochahooligan

I am not sure I culd try to fin d out tomorrow or maybe someone on here knows the answer. I personally have Trijicons on my Glocks. I work at an LE store so we order without NS but sometimes we get a couple with NS, usually Trijicon.

7. RayB

RayB Retired Member

From my previous night sight review...

Glock OEM Night Sights utilize Meprolight lamps, and when purchased with the gun, are about the best deal going! The OEM models are tennifer-treated, combat-type sights, and usually have a staked-on front sight, which pretty much dedicates that sight to one gun (aftermarket Meps have the common thread-on front sight). They are excellent bull's-eye sights out to 30-feet or so.

Meprolight Night Sights are rugged, well-made, low profile, combat-type sights, with a wide front blade to rear sight notch aspect. Israeli-made Meprolights were the first tritium night sights marketed for use on popular pistols and rifles. Their large lamps appear brighter than other night sights. The lamps and white plastic o-ring markers appear to be embedded in polished epoxy, which resists solvents and makes for easy cleaning. By design, the front sight appears brighter than the rear sight.

Trijicon Night Sights offer tritium lamps surrounded by an aluminum sleeve, pressed into the sight housing, and covered by a sapphire lens. This lens makes the sight markers appear very sharp in the dark, Vs. Meprolight's glowing orbs, and protects the lamps from external damage. The narrower front blade to rear sight notch aspect will be appreciated by sharper eyed shooters at the range. The quality is excellent, but care should be taken to avoid harsh solvents when cleaning, as the white o-rings are painted on.

--Ray

8. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Meprolight makes the ampules for the Glock night sights

9. Mochahooligan

Mochahooligan

See I told you someone would know!

10. ctkenc

ctkenc

Thanks One and All .... the Information you supplied is very helpful and encouraging.
    thanks again,
    Ken