close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

g17 gen 4 RSA 02-4 !!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sjz, Aug 5, 2011.

1. sjz

sjz

Just got my G17 back from Smyrna for the second time after repeated FTfeeds from slide not cycling properly and it has the new 02-4 RSA.

First time out at the range and no FTF's. This is huge because I had consistent FTF's prior.

Here is what I can see is different with the 02-4 RSA which led me to notice what may have been the problem all along.

If I look at the metal retainer cap for the inner spring near the muzzle end of an 02-1. It is just a flat metal piece and mine is all bent and distorted from the outer spring catching on it during the compression of the spring when the slide initially moves back. I hadn't noticed this before. This binding could have easily been causing the slide not to cycle properly.

The new 02-4 RSA has a larger, encapsulated retainer for the inner spring.

2. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

3. bac1023

bac1023

4. Swatieson

Swatieson

5. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

Thanks for the update. Hopefully you will be good to go now.

6. sjz

sjz

Sorry for the delay, finally had a chance to take some pics.

02-4
    [​IMG]

02-1
    [​IMG]

7. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

Interesting. My spring also got bent at the end of the inner tube. Looks like they made it a lot thicker to prevent that.

8. Scouse

Scouse

Is not that # 04-2? Great pictures, I can not understand a Company who sells more guns here in the USA, than the rest of the World combined, does not ship in to Austria, a skid of WalMart WW White box 9mm 115g cartridges, if it works with those, it will work with anything! My Gen4 G19 has the Gen3 installed, with the little metal ring? works perfect, no malfunctions since, none!

Love all the other changes to the receiver! Smaller grip, better grip surface, bigger mag release. Will call for my new (Newest!) spring assembly.

9. sjz

sjz

It's the 02-4.
    I believe the 04-2 is the spring for the Glock 19.

10. Wickersham

Wickersham

The new 02-5 will make it run even better, or you could wait until next week when 02-6 is released. :whistling:

11. Scouse

Scouse

You are correct, my problem is with the Gen4 Glock19, I stand corrected, thank you.

12. Scouse

Scouse

I can see that happening!

My first visit to the Glock plant in Deutch Wagram, 1986? Dont remember, but when I rang the bell on the gate, I was greeted by a Tall Austrian, accompanied by a huge furry German Sheppard (Austrian Sheppard?)

Next visit, a year later, I rang, and rang, the dog was outside, I whistled the dog, he came bounding down, tail wagging like crazy, I popped the lock with my folder (recently relived from my case) and walked in rubbing his head.

"How sid you get in, zee gate was locked, with electric?" "It is just a spring loaded bolt." Said I, "Nice Dog" Very serious people.

Who was it who said, the Devil made me do it! Flip Wilson, yes.