Glock Talk banner

G17 Catasrtophic Failure

27526 Views 302 Replies 128 Participants Last post by  roundball
I have a Gen 4 G17 and I'm experiencing cat failures. It's blown the bases off of 3 cases.

For full disclosure, I am a reloader. I load very soft loads, 3.2 grains of Hodgdon's Clays under a 125 fmj using a Dillon SDB reloader. I'm not new to reloading and this is the only gun I've had problems like this.

The first time it happened, I thought it was a fluke. The second time, I thought I must have made a loading error of some sort.

Today, it happened again and I'm wondering if it's the gun?

Is anyone aware of issues with the Gen 4 G17?

Thanks, Dave
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
2,205 Posts
This thread is just over 24 hours old, barely. Yet many people expect the OP to have fixed his problem already by their suggestions. Lighten up folks, give him a chance. Maybe he's not retired and spends 24-7 on GT getting lots of suggestions by some who obviously has not even read all the comments. Doesn't seem nice to me to accuse him of not co-operating when he barely has posted the thread. Never ceases to amaze me at the snide remarks people make in the name of help.
Why don't you read the OP's responses and then get back to us?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.