Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
1,361 Posts
IIRC the max load for that bullet with Clays is 3.5 grains. What kind of primers are you using? Are you using a powder check? What type of brass are you using? Is it possible you loaded two bullets into a single case? How deeply are you seating the bullets and how tight of a crimp are you using? Have you slugged the chamber?

· Banned
1,361 Posts
Po

The point is a guy is asking if a Gen 4 is causing his reloads to fail. Problem is with reloads. Not the Glock.

Just start noticing how often people having issues are shooting reloads or using non-OEM parts or mods

You will see a pattern.
Can't argue with that. The problem is almost certainly with his reloads. If he continues to have problems with commercial ammo then I would slug the thing and see if he has a problem with his chamber being out of spec and not fully supporting the case.

· Banned
1,361 Posts
I shoot my brass until it splits or has some other visible defect. So far no problems. I wonder whether the OP is getting blown cases because he's 2/10s of a grain light on his load. Couple that with a cold day shooting Clays and you could have a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.