Glock 17 g17 and a laser

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by skar, Dec 9, 2005.

Tags:
  1. skar

skar

? Are the lasermax internal any good.
    Or should I stick with A rail type.
    dependability cost and accurate.

2. BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow Millennium Member

Have never used one of the Lasermax models.

I have tried the Crimson Trace Laser Grips on SIGs and 1911s and liked them a lot.

I just picked up a new Glock 17 that came from Glock w the new CT Laser grips installed on them. Works fine.

;b

3. rookieshooter43

rookieshooter43

I know someone who has the lasermax. I think it is accurate up to 25 yards (don't hold me to it). It is pretty easy to turn on, and can be done with one hand. I do think they are pretty expensive though.

Also the laser pulsates instead of one solid beam. I have heard this helps to locate it easier.

One bad thing I have heard is that the lens on the laser gets pretty dirty after shooting. That is to be expected with where it is at though.

4. Hickeroar

Hickeroar Glock 26 HoDown

From what i've heard they seem to be just about the best and most accurate laser you can expect to put on the gun. The location is great as it's very close to the barrel (other than the "getting dirty" factor.) The thing is, if you ever have to use it for self defense, you're not going to put the couple hundred rounds through it that will dirty it... If i were buying a laser for my glock, i'd choose the lasermax over any railmounted or the new crimson trace lasergrips... The lasergrips are pretty promising on accuracy, but i dont want anything messing with my grip or feel of the weapon.

5. skar

skar

Thanks Still do not know what I want.

6. wino_ii

wino_ii

I have lasermax on my g27 and it is very accurate up to 25yrds, anything beyond that is rough, but I dont expect to be shooting at targets that far away. Cannot adjust this laser.

I have the glock tac light/laser on my 17 and it is sweet too. Helps a lot with accuracy. I can adjust this laser.

Both, I'd say are great tools for improving your shot and making sure you hit the target/BG.

7. skar

skar

If you could only pick one which one.

8. AWDTerror

AWDTerror Ass Penny

and how exactly did you pic one up i thought they were only avaliable after the 12 of dec

9. RayB

RayB Retired Member

I favor the LaserMax for Glock pistols. I just don't like the look of the retrofit for the Glocks, and that's an arbitrary thing with me.

I'm very pleased with the LaserMax in my G-21. At 25-yards, rounds hit about 1/4" above the projected beam. With some 800+ rounds, I've had no problems.

Still, Crimson Trace is an excellent product, and I'd readily accept it on a 1911 or revolver.

--Ray

10. Vincent Black

Vincent Black Need a cup?

Lasermax, PERIOD. I had one in a GLOCK 17 and it was DEADLY accurate.

When I get the money, one is going in my GLOCK 19.

They are expensive, but in my opinion, they are the best option because it's internal and sits right under the barrel. That gives it the edge in accuracy over any other option, IMHO.

11. skar

skar

Ok LaserMax Crimson Trace Laser Grip or glock light with laser.
    they are all about the same price. For the most part this is my bed side gun. Not my ccw. Each seem to have pro and cons.

rail light with laser will it repeat on accuracy taking it on or off. On and off is a plus. con need new holster.

crimson and lasermax you can still use a rail light.
    and same holster I think. lasermax will get dirty.

crimson changes the grip ? looks like it would move easy?

$250 plus I only want to do this once.

12. Vincent Black

Only the lense of the lasermax will get powder residue on it...it is easily wiped off.

13. skar

skar

? Do they hold up with lots of rounds fired.

14. Vincent Black

Yep, I put 2,000 rounds through mine total, and wiping the lense clean after each session was quite easy. It always cleaned right up just by wiping with a cloth. Hell, in a pinch (WITH THE WEAPON UNLOADED!!!) you could use your shirt to wipe it clean.

It's up to you, but I know what my next purchase will be for my G-19 after I get some good aftermarket sights for it.

15. wino_ii

wino_ii

lasermax. built into gun. no adjusting required. no real added weight.

16. RayB

RayB Retired Member

17. BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow Millennium Member

Some slipped out early... ;)

The Glock case is marked "CTC COMBO" on the sticker. The dealer got it that way from RSR.

The lasergrip is secured to the frame by way on the grip pin.

The manual says not to get solvents w VOCs and/or TCEs in them on the grips, it will damage them. That's pretty hard since VOCs (volatile organic compunds) include gasoline, kerosene, and other petroleum distillates/hydrocarbons which are in just about all cleaning/lubing stuff. Break Free has petroleum distillates (a VOC), Eezox has TCE in it for example. Saying don't use solvents w VOC/TCE is kinda like saying don't use wet water... ;)

CTC said remove the grips when you clean the gun when I called about that. I found out you can just slip the grips on/off w/o using the pin to secure them and they work well enough; POA/POI wanders a bit, but not enough to cause a big miss if aiming COM. Some tape, a rubber band would keep 'em on the gun well enough for me. ;b