Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
13,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I own a 17 and 19, both 3rd gen. Broke both of them down lately and found one difference- to get the slide to release on the 17, I had to pull the trigger to do the final release. On the 19, it just came off.

Any insight on this? Thanks.

·
Giggity-Goo!!!
4,046 Posts
Me no unerstand.

Usually my G35 with 3.5lb connector and NY1 trigger spring, less than half way through removing the slide, I have to pull the trigger again.

·
RetiredDinosaur
11,593 Posts
The NY spring is what causes that need to pull the trigger a second time....it's quite common....and normal.

The coil trigger spring pulls the trigger towards the rear...like you do...and it holds the trigger back after dry firing. The NY spring does not.

:patriot:

·
Banned
13,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are stock except for the Extended Slide Release.

Sorry if I didnt explain it enough. The standard break down works perfect on the G17- slightly pull slide back, press two side buttons and pull trigger to release.

The G19 does all of the same except I dont have to pull the trigger. The slide will just come off.

·
RetiredDinosaur
11,593 Posts

Sorry if I didnt explain it enough. The standard break down works perfect on the G17- slightly pull slide back, press two side buttons and pull trigger to release.

The G19 does all of the same except I dont have to pull the trigger. The slide will just come off.
We're assuming that you are aware of the fact that the trigger has to be pulled/dry fired prior to field stripping any Glock....are we correct?

After having done that, are you saying that you have to pull the trigger on the G17 *again* to get the slide off the frame? If so, that's usually the result having a NY trigger spring in the gun....

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yes!

The 17 will only field strip completly if you pull the trigger. The 19 does not need the trigger pulled.
This is my experience on the subject...Last weekend, the fam and I went to buy a 19. Long story short, the Mrs. was playing with it on the couch (the glock) while I was out of the room. When I came back, she had the slide off and the manual in her lap. Never did get a straight answer from her, whether or not she did it properly. In my haste, put the slide back on without looking at the trigger. It functions fine, so :dunno:.

Edit:Mine will not field strip without depressing the trigger.

·
Registered
81 Posts

I have a G19 built in Feb `09 Sometime I have to pull the trigger, sometimes I don't. I figured I just pulled the side back an extra mil or 2 further without noticing I was doing it.

·
RetiredDinosaur
11,593 Posts
My interpretation is, he can field strip the 19 without depressing the trigger.
Yes!

The 17 will only field strip completly if you pull the trigger. The 19 does not need the trigger pulled.
OK, one more try.....

Both guns require that the trigger be in the 'pulled' position to field strip them...that's how they work....that's how all Glocks work.

If you close the slide on the G19, the trigger has to then be pulled to remove the slide from the frame, if your's doesn't, it may need to be repaired.

Now, what does your use of the word "completly" mean? If the trigger is in the 'pulled' position when you start to field strip the gun, do you have to pull the trigger again to get the slide to come all the way off?

Did you check to see if the G17 has a NY spring in it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts