Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new G17 gen 5 last October. I have been to the range 6 times shooting about 150 rounds each time. My problem is the main upper pin moves out about 1/8" every time. I tap it back when I get home and it's ready to go again. I also have a G43 and a G26.3 that I shoot about the same and have no problems with then. Has anyone else had this problem?
Grey Composite material Metal Carbon Tool
Carbon Bicycle part Strap Tool Shadow

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
I don't see this as a problem. Maybe the pin is slightly smaller for some reason. You can buy a replacement set of pins from Amazon or Ebay -cheap. If it bothers you or if you think it may fall completely out, I try a replacement.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I have a Gen 5 G17 . It's my duty gun. I haven't detail stripped it but I imagine that the slide stop is supposed to be up into the slot on the slide-stop pin. I would take a punch or solid thin object and push the pin while holding the slide stop. Feel for it to "pop" into the slot in the pin. That is what you do for the Gen 1,2,3 and 4.

·
****** Viejo
30,445 Posts
I bought a new G17 gen 5 last October. I have been to the range 6 times shooting about 150 rounds each time. My problem is the main upper pin moves out about 1/8" every time. I tap it back when I get home and it's ready to go again. I also have a G43 and a G26.3 that I shoot about the same and have no problems with then. Has anyone else had this problem? View attachment 388730 View attachment 388731

Contact Glock and see what they suggest. tom.

·
****** Viejo
30,445 Posts
I had a Kahr P-40 that had pin walk. Their suggestion was "put some lock-tite or fingernail polish on it and shove it back in". I took it back to the dealer and traded it at a loss. tom. :fist:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Gen 5 G17 . It's my duty gun. I haven't detail stripped it but I imagine that the slide stop is supposed to be up into the slot on the slide-stop pin. I would take a punch or solid thin object and push the pin while holding the slide stop. Feel for it to "pop" into the slot in the pin. That is what you do for the Gen 1,2,3 and 4.
I will try that tonight when I get home, It makes a lot of sense.

·
Banned
115 Posts
I bought a new G17 gen 5 last October. I have been to the range 6 times shooting about 150 rounds each time. My problem is the main upper pin moves out about 1/8" every time. I tap it back when I get home and it's ready to go again. I also have a G43 and a G26.3 that I shoot about the same and have no problems with then. Has anyone else had this problem? View attachment 388730 View attachment 388731
I had a similar issue with a nib 19.3

The armorer at the shop where the weapon was purchased was able to recreate the problem. The weapon was returned to Glock and they replaced the frame. The problem began within 50 rounds and there had been no detail strip beforehand, just a pre firing normal cleaning

The replacement was done under warranty and turnaround was about 2 weeks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

The armorer at the shop where the weapon was purchased was able to recreate the problem. The weapon was returned to Glock and they replaced the frame. The problem began within 50 rounds and there had been no detail strip beforehand, just a pre firing normal cleaning

I think that I will call Glock and see what they think.

·
finishes it...
4,319 Posts
had new 30sf that was doing same; replaced out of spec slide stop which resolved issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I spoke with a tech at Glock this morning. He recommended taking the pin out and cleaning it and clean out the hole, He suspects lube could has gotten on the pin. I have never had it apart or have cleaned it because I have less than 1000 rounds thru it. He also said if that didn't solve it then I would need to send it to them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.