Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
troy ounce gold
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GLOCK, Inc., manufacturer of the world’s most popular pistol, announces a special production run of pistols for the summer. Each GLOCK pistol included in the special production run was designed and engineered to respond directly to the needs of our customers. Some models have a specific purpose, while others serve a broader range of uses and interests. The special summer pistols feature models that are enhanced for consumer application and enthusiast appeal and will be available at dealers beginning June 1, 2017.

The most unique pistols of the summer specials are the G17 Gen4 and G19 Gen4 with front serrations, steel sights, and extended controls. “GLOCK strives to provide perfection in all of our products and these special production pistols provide additional enhancements. The front serrations and extended controls make it easier to conduct handgun press checks and enable faster disassembly and easier manipulation of the slide” stated Bob Radecki, National Sales Manager at GLOCK. The G17 Gen4 and G19 Gen4 with front serrations are suitable for people with varying levels of shooting experience.

:cowboy: Has anybody obtained these yet that are NOT 'blue label' (for LE/Military)? Have NOT come across any 'red label' (for public/civilian) in my neck of the woods.

:cowboy: 06/13 Update: The LGS got their red label shipment of G17.4 FS & G19.4 FS the evening of 06/12 and I promptly snagged my G19.4 FS, today. Woohoo! BFEWxxx

:cowboy: The lowest serial known for the GLOCK Gen4 FS is a G17 (BDSUxxx - 05/2017). A T&E provided to AmmoLand. The highest serial known is a G19 (BFRLxxx - 08/2017).

Let's get an official shout out from all GT forum members who have this very collectible GLOCK.

:cowboy: Posting results summary - we have 12 FSs, so far, broken down as follows:
G17 - 4
G19 - 8

:cowboy: Let's keep the list building...
updated to include up to Jsferrazza's post

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I have not. I have called almost 10 LGS, most haven't even heard of them and several said that could try to order them for me but it would be like a special order. I would prefer to give my business to the local boys but will order online if I have to.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have not. I have called almost 10 LGS, most haven't even heard of them and several said that could try to order them for me but it would be like a special order. I would prefer to give my business to the local boys but will order online if I have to.

The first run didn't start shipping until last week. So timing was a bit off in regards to June 1st. We still haven't seen any of the C models or the 24's/17L's from this run. They should be right around the corner though.

·
troy ounce gold
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first run didn't start shipping until last week. So timing was a bit off in regards to June 1st. We still haven't seen any of the C models or the 24's/17L's from this run. They should be right around the corner though.
I hope so. Sure would be nice to get them in time for Fathers Day.

·
troy ounce gold
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just got my 'red label' G19.4 FS from the LGS. BFEWxxx :cowboy: Hopefully, NOT MANYxxx will be produced! LOL!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Cool!!! Congratulations!!! But I don't believe you because there are no pics!!! LOL

·
troy ounce gold
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Cool!!! Congratulations!!! But I don't believe you because there are no pics!!! LOL
LOL! I will be working on it. A family picture of my G19s through the years. Hopefully tomorrow.

Update: Phone snap of the G19.4 FS after a quick clean and Ballistol wipe...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Very cool!! If you dont mind me asking but, what is the going rate for one?

·
troy ounce gold
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Very cool!! If you dont mind me asking but, what is the going rate for one?
The 2 LGS in my area both priced the 'red label' G17.4 FS & G19.4 FS at $557. The pricing on the regular G17.4 & G19.4 with polymer sights is $539. So the front serrations, steel sights and extended controls comes to $18 extra.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I hope the C's are coming soon. I'm trying to get a 17C and 19C as soon as I can find them. Already on the "wait list" at a few places.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I hope the C's are coming soon. I'm trying to get a 17C and 19C as soon as I can find them. Already on the "wait list" at a few places.
You will love the Gen4 17C and 19C.

Reactions: Jsferrazza

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Nice pics. Congratulations!

I'm still waiting for my 19C.

·
Premium Member
8,651 Posts
I picked up a 17 C Gen 4 a few months back. Didn't know that these were any different.

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
I picked up a 17 C Gen 4 a few months back. Didn't know that these were any different.
As far as I know, there is no difference to the ones produced last year. Just another limited run.

·
Premium Member
8,651 Posts
Cool. Thanks!

I did notice some seemingly unique cuts around the top of the breech area on the 19 C Gen 3.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
As far as I know, there is no difference to the ones produced last year. Just another limited run.
I know that they're part of the Summer Specials, which is supposed to be limited runs, but I think the Gen4 17C and 19C may be here to stay for a while. Glock has given them their own spot on the full line of pistols online.

https://us.glock.com/products/model/g17cgen4

·
Premium Member
8,651 Posts
My dealer got the 17 FS in today.

Reactions: Cain8768

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
One of my LGS also had a 17FS in stock today, as soon as he saw me walk through the door he pulled it out and handed it to me. I would've bought it but earlier this morning I just had secured a 17FS and a 19FS and is on the way. I kind of felt bad but.. Oh well..

·
troy ounce gold
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Glad to read that the GLOCK Summer Special issues are starting to appear in LGSs. For those with specific want lists, I would suggest NOT waiting till the end of summer. I remember reading somewhere that this limited run ends when they sell out.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts