close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G-Shock experts, need advice

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by tslex, Apr 21, 2012.

1. tslex

tslex

My G-Shock, which must be 12 or more years old and which I have abused to death has finally given up.

One thing I loved about this watch was the band. Not the usual plastic (which I hate on my wrist) but a double fabric band with a Velcro band underneath, then an "over band" that snaps. Pics below.

I know I can probably just put this band on a new watch, but it's awfully ratty after all these years and if I'm getting a new watch, I'd like a new band too. But I cannot find a G-Shock with a band like this anywhere. Do you G-Shock mavens know if this is still made and what it's called so I can hunt one down?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

no i dont , but i know some folks who will know

go to watchuseek.com im a member there great watch forum join up if not a member it is best site on the net for watches , they have a g shock sub forum , and tons of g shock info and folks , you will have a answer quick :wavey:

3. buster55

buster55 Senior Member CLM

I have a gshock and my loop that holds the band in gave out
    I went to wal mart and bought a close band and worked it in.
    To get a true g=shock replacement band/you can buy a whole new watch without the hassle and not speak japanese or wherever they come from ,,,,,

4. tslex

tslex

Thanks *ash*. Posted there in the G-Shock forum just now.

5. tslex

tslex

@bruce, @buster:

The band actually is still serviceable. I need a new watch and would like the same/similar band.

MAY just buy a new watch and put on the old band -- but yeah, the band to watch attachment is a point of possible weakness. What's good is the old one doesn't use those plunger pins, but has solid bars as the attachment.

6. buster55

buster55 Senior Member CLM

tslex
    Well whichever way you go ,in my book there are no watches that put up what a G-Shock will do.
    I am a working carpenter/homebuilder by trade and have never found a watch that holds up better than my g -shock does.
    Best Regards
    buster55:thumbsup:

7. tslex

tslex

Watch was well and truly dead -- not bad, something like 12 years of VERY hard use for a watch that cost $60 when I bought it. Ended up accepting that they just don't make these bands anymore.

Replacing it with this. Find the analog a lot easier these days, as reading the digital display required my reading glasses. (sigh)

[​IMG]