close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G-30 Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Dirt Road, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Dirt Road

Dirt Road

I found a like-new G30 SF in a local gun shop for ~$450. Still has the factory copper lube on it. Very clean. However, it has the trigger bar without the dash at the end of the part number AND I can see where the trigger bar has definitely grazed the top of the inside of the slide. Shop owner has never fired it and is not aware of any issues, but being the dedicated Glock Talk reader I am, I am concerned I may buy this and have issues.

Sorry for what is likely a repeat thread, but I am wondering if I should be good-to-go to purchase and replace the trigger bar. I sure would like a G30 to accompany my 21 SF. I would feel pretty dumb buying it, knowing it could be a problem and have issues once I bought it. Since I wouldn't be the original owner, I also wonder if Glock wold still take care of issues with FTF's of FTRTB.

Appreciate any thoughts on the matter.

2. G-30Jet

G-30Jet

Glock warranty registration papers rarely get filled out. There is no way for them to know who owns the pistol or when. Glock has always stepped up when I had warranty issues or even issues where self inflicted damage has occured.

A few dollars and you could fix it yourself if you had the new part. I wouldn't base a sale on not having the new trigger mechanism. Call Glock before you buy it if you are unsure and ask about it.

3. Dirt Road

Dirt Road

True, but the shop owner asked when the gun was traded and the previous owner did send in the card. You're right, though, a quick call to Glock should clear up any concerns over whether or not to buy. Thanks.

4. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

5. Dirt Road

Dirt Road

I'm good with the regular G30- Just the temptation of a like-new SF for $450 got me wanting to buy. Seems like there's enough noise on the 30SF that I may just want the peace of mind by avoiding the well-documented issues with the SF model. I appreciate the responses.

6. den888

den888

It's a good deal, as other posters have said, I would call Glock before buying.

7. blinddog

blinddog

$450? thats only about $60 less than brand spanking new If you can get $450 then do with out lunch for a week or so and get it NEW. They are listed new at Top Glock for $511.00. I must add that, I do not do business with Pawn Shops, I am sure many if not most are legit businesses, but during my time as a police detective I was involved with to many who wer just fencing operations to trust any of them, two even were aiding burglary rings. Buy new,and don't worry.