Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
NRA Member JPFO
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached file of light primer strikes.

I have a G-26 purchased new, which has about 8,000 rounds through it.

I had 6 out of 100 light strikes, pictured.

As this gun is 19 years old, I would would like to replace any parts which need an upgrade.

What would be most cost effective?

1) send the gun to Glock

2) go to a Glock armorer

3) replace internal parts on my own

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
option #3...perhaps it's better to learn how to fix it your self!
It's easy working on glocks.

·
Registered
744 Posts
A dirty striker channel would be my first step in troubleshooting. Can you hear the striker rattle in the slide when you do the shake test?

One option is to join GSSF and take it to a outdoor match near you the factory armor will troubleshoot and replace any parts needed. (There is a match in Missouri August 24th)

·
NRA Member JPFO
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, group!

Glocktalk is helpful, as always.

I’ll go to the GSSF match, that option is the most fun.

Weimdog

·
Crusty Member
10,814 Posts
Based on the condition of the brass, I'm assuming those are reloads. Yours or someone else's?
Based on the way off center strikes, I'm assuming you're firing not quite in battery (those rounds aren't quite fully chambering. This is an ammo problem...not necessarily anything wrong with the gun.

·
Ban Hamster
5,752 Posts
Yep, do they plunk and spin freely?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Off centered strikes indicate the gun is not going into battery. Replace the recoil spring assembly first (easiest part on the gun to replace) and see if that cures it.

·
MacGyver
7,404 Posts
Is it possible to fire the striker, with the trigger, when the slide is not fully in battery?
I am not convinced. It would have to be severely out of battery for those strikes to be that off center, in which case striker should not release---unless the normally fired brass (baseline) is also off center. <<<---that is an assumption. OP needs to demonstrate how far off baseline these strikes are.

Off centered strikes indicate the gun is not going into battery. Replace the recoil spring assembly first (easiest part on the gun to replace) and see if that cures it.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Is it possible to fire the striker, with the trigger, when the slide is not fully in battery?
I am not convinced. It would have to be severely out of battery for those strikes to be that off center, in which case striker should not release---unless the normally fired brass (baseline) is also off center. <<<---that is an assumption. OP needs to demonstrate how far off baseline these strikes are.
It’s been listed in the Armorers Manual as a cause/effect under the basic troubleshooting issues since the ‘80s. My personal experience has supported Glock’s observations/conclusions.

·
MacGyver
7,404 Posts
It’s been listed in the Armorers Manual as a cause/effect under the basic troubleshooting issues since the ‘80s. My personal experience has supported Glock’s observations/conclusions.
Then it MUST be so, if it is in the manual.

Those are some pretty deep dents in the primers on the picture, so lack of striker energy is not what I would bet.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Then it MUST be so, if it is in the manual.

Those are some pretty deep dents in the primers on the picture, so lack of striker energy is not what I would bet.
They're NOT centered - that's the only thing that matters. How can a Glock striker not be centered over the round? Anyone? Anyone? Out of battery! If it's not out of battery the dents will be centered.

Now, there are a few things that can keep a Glock from going into full battery. The most common is the RSA needs replaced. Problems with the round sliding up under the extractor because it's dirty or sticking are another common cause. Given the rounds on the pistol - start with the RSA.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Every 5k rounds the RSA should be replaced on the sub compact Glocks.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
10,515 Posts
I agree...RSA is most likely culprit...but, given the age of the platform, I believe I would return it to the Mother Ship...along with All available mags...you will receive in return, an almost new platform with brand new mags...worth the shipping cost in my opinion...especially if you can get a sympathetic LGS to ship it for you

·
Exploring Alternate Routes
5,429 Posts
Replace all springs. Check striker.
This is good. While you're in there clean the firing pin channel. Chances are your immediate problem is either that or a weak block spring.
The RSA seems to be weak as well.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Length of the brass? If brass is too long, it will still "plunk and spin" since 9mm headspaces off the mouth.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts