close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G-26 +3 Mags??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 1SGMP, Apr 5, 2010.

1. 1SGMP

1SGMP Veteran

Hi
    I was wondering in any one uses the Pierce +3 Mag extensions for their G-26. How much longer are they? does it interfer with concealing the weapon??
    Thanks
    1SGMP

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  2. tango44

tango44

G19 mags with no sleeves in my G26 for me!
    15 rounds and works perfect.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Of course it makes concealment more difficult and rules out pocket carry. Learn to carry a spare magazine, providing you with 21 rounds of firepower.

4. 1SGMP

1SGMP Veteran

ActuALLY i DO carry a Spare mag,I was just wondering how much the + 3 sticks out.And tactically speaking "pocket carry "is a very very bad idea.

5. MonsterB

MonsterB

I have two of these, and I dont have a tape measure handy but basically they add another inch or so to the gun...or about the same amount as the lower finger grove on your gun already...my mags do not sit flush in the magwell, there is a small space inbetween the frame of the gun and the mag baseplate, I have read of others with this happening on newer glocks and in any case these Pierce extensions pinch my little finger BAD...and I have never got more than 12 rounds into the mag with these on, 13 is impossible....and my mags each have roughly 1700 rounds through each one, so its not like they need to break in...
    I really liked they way they looked and the fact that I could add some more rounds but they came off soon after I got them...the pinching drove me crazy and when carrying the gun iwb the extra grip length could really be felt, so I went back to stock..:dunno:

6. DannyR

Pocket carry in a pocket holster is not a bad tactical idea. Sometimes it is the only way to carry concealed. Now a shoulder holster may be bad, tactically.

7. DannyR

I've been carrying a G26 or G39 in a Galco horsehide pocket holster while wearing cargo shorts since 1997. I am just so glad you told me I am very, very bad.

8. elde

elde Lifetime Member

Danny,

Having considered you to be THE Glock expert for several years, I am absolutely crushed to learn of your tactical ineptitude: i.e. carrying a pistol in your pocket using an appropriate holster. For shame! :kidding:

9. imjin138

imjin138

I have them on mine and they are not that much bigger, I have larger hands so with the extension it fits me very well. I carry it all the time.

10. Boost_Junkie

Boost_Junkie Mike November

Buddy of mine has them on his G26 mags and to me it defeats the purpose of the sub-compact. It's as big if not bigger than the G19 grip length.

Manny

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  11. 1SGMP

1SGMP Veteran

Danny
    That was just my opinion, was not intended as a slight against you. I suspect tho, that if the situation arose and you were in a physical confrontation that a pocket carry maybe a little unsecure. Not to mention trying to draw the weapon while you are grappling on the ground with someone. again just My opinion
    1SG
    Out

12. DannyR

Well, at least I'll have the opportunity to try to draw my weapon rather than be without one. Depending on my attire and the occasion, my various means of carry are: Blade-Tech and Raven OWB, Blade-tech IWB, Galco Pocket, Galco Fanny Pak or locally made Belly Band ( one each of black, tan and white). In Virginia, open carry is legal, but I prefer to carry concealed, except when fishing. My favorite is a Raven Ghost belt slide, but when wearing a tuxedo, suspenders holding up my britches, my only choice is a white belly band worn over a white T-shirt, under my white tux shirt, high and up under my left armpit. I use the black BB when wearing a black or dark golf shirt that is tucked in and the tan for lighter colors. The OWB's are my first choice when wearing a Safari vest, and my IWB's are for a suit or sports coat.

I do not use shoulder or ankle holsters, but always carry a spare magazine, a knife and a Surefire hand held flashlight.

13. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I agree. Carrying in a pocket holster is a whole different ball game than just putting your pistol losely in your pocket. I carry a LCP and my G26 and G27 , all in Memesis pocket holsters from time to time and they work great.

14. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Why not use the AG sleeve and a G19 mag? That's even more rounds.

I have some G19 mags with sleeves that I've carried in my G26, but Since I have a G19, I really prefer to just CC it instead. I bought the AG sleeves for my G26, G27, G29 and G30 and thought they would be a great idea, but after carrying them, I'm not as big a fan as I was at first.