G-19 Backorder - Losing my mind

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Manpike15, Feb 25, 2013.

1. rockclimber

rockclimber

Just got a G22 from Cheaper Than Dirt for $559 shipped. It is the G4 and has 3 mags. My LGS will take $25 for the transfer, so my total is $584. Not a great price, but in this market I don't feel that I got ripped off. Keep an eye on the internet. You can find ammo and most gun models for a non-ripoff price if you look hard enough.

Good Luck. My G19 is my favorite pistol.

2. Landric

Landric Supervisor?

Have you tried to find .22 LR ammunition recently? Given that the OP just started shooting he probably doesn't have a stockpile of ammo. While getting a .22 is generally great advice, at the moment buying a .22 is probably going to be about as useless as waiting for a G19, unless someone wants to yell "bang" at the target while holding the gun.

The only exception to that might be a .22 revolver. .22 Short ammunition is still available at some local shops (a friend of mine owns a gun shop and has lots of .22 short, but no other rimfire ammunition).

3. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

Agreed X100, next he'll be crying about not being able to get ammo.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  4. mgentry

mgentry

If you haven't checked, checkout GunBroker.com. Transferring to an FFL in your area is not a big issue. They usually have some nice ones at reasonable prices. Good luck!

5. Luminary

Luminary

I guess $699 would be a decent price given the time. I bought mine for $500 OTD when I turned 21 in 2009 and my G19 never gave me any problems til this day. If it came down to simplicity of operation and maintenance, my Glock 19 is the victor in my gun safe.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  6. kingdong

kingdong

It will be worth the wait is promise!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

7. tilefish

tilefish

This^

Sdk8103, I got my Gen 3 G19 and G26 from the very same store just last week. I happened to be in the store when they had a 19 in the case. I jumped on it and ordered the 26 too. I had it within a week.

This particular store is not only very large but so large that they deal direct with Glock and are not subject to the whims of distributors. In fact they have a bunch of Glocks in the case every time I go in there.

8. LuckyG

LuckyG

Bad (unlucky) timing for sure. If you were born in 1942 and started shooting in 1962, like me, you would have stockpiled stuff. No sense of planning. :snoopy:
    Seriously, this mess is what it is. Beyond the obvious, most folks don't understand supply chain dynamics and manufacturer/distributor/retailer relationships. No way to figure it out on our side. All you can do is be patient and wait. In the old days you used to have large inventories in the chain which could buffer a lot of sudden demand. Nowadays everybody uses just-in-time supply concepts where delivery of everything from raw materials to finished products are timed to arrive just in time. Large inventories cost money with no guarantee the stuff will be sold, which is why they went to JIT decades ago.

A good friend of mine owns a decent size gun shop. He says he has no idea when merchandise will be arriving or how long this will last. Nobody else does either. Before this, you'd see an on-line site showing "Backordered" with the expected arrival date. Not any more - it's just "Backordered" or "Out of Stock". Generally speaking, I would be suspicious of any retailer that gives you firm dates.

Finally, supply and demand. If a dealer is selling at higher prices than I want to pay...I won't pay. If I want to buy the product at an inflated price...I'll buy it. Simple. Life is unfair sometimes.

Good luck and hang in there.