G-19 Backorder - Losing my mind

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Manpike15, Feb 25, 2013.

1. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

Don't wait for it to pass,you are old enough to Vote and let your voice be heard.

I urge you to become involved,join the NRA,GOA,SAF or NGRA to aid in the struggle to retain ones God given rights.
    Attend any hearings,rallies,become involved. I have been involved since I was able and suspect will have to be for the rest of my life,Freedom isn't Free.

You will find a Glock and when you do treasure it and each and every arm you acquire in the future,this is something our first President said on the matter.

Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence … From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor. George Washington
    SJ 40

2. BMiracletx

BMiracletx

Hear, hear! Hurrah fine sir!

3. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

Does it have to be a GEN4 G19?

4. Manpike15

Manpike15

I put down a deposit for one that was $535. $577 out the door. Paying 21% more is not a good deal for immediate availability. This is precisely the reason the market is all out of whack. At no point do I blame the dealers. They have every right to take advantage of this opportunity.

I am really not angry, just overly excited. For someone to say I should have planned a head is plain funny. Bad timing for sure, but to blame myself and all that jazz is just plain funny. I got introduced to shooting and really liked it. You are suggesting that I should have planned ahead and known that I was going to like something I had never tried and that it would happen in the middle of a crisis. Ha, right.

To keep things in perspective, there are few things in the world that one has to wait for months to get (especially at a price point of $~600). I'm just pumped up to get to shoot.

5. rednoved

rednoved NRA Member

It's clear you are ignoring my only point. I only questioned how someone who had no legal way to purcase before this point could possibly be at fault.

You can try and make it seem like I am complaining, but I am not. I am only questioning your logic, which you have failed to explain.

You sir, are acting like a child.

6. ezthumper

ezthumper

This^^

Wow, just perused the interwebs and damn they are expensive. But there is inventory out there.

Check the usual suspects like GunBroker and the like I guess.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  7. chemboy

chemboy

The 19 is worth the wait.Quite possibly the finest combat handgun ever built. Be patient, and you will be glad you were.

8. jca24

jca24

I bought a gen4 glock 19 on Jan. 12 of this year when Sandy Hook was all you heard about. I paid $559, $605 out the door. I live north of Dallas and the CTD store had lots of them. I have been back in the store every week since and they have had lots of the, at least 10 in the case. Two weeks ago the price was $659, up $100 bucks, I guess supply and demand is going full throttle. I don't think the distributors or glock have raised their prices, it's the stores. Be patient, you will find one!

9. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco

I bought mine in March 2012 when it was $539. Just be patient. Believe me your LGS wish they had some in stock.

10. ashecht

ashecht

Please tell me you DIDN'T buy from that little Napoleon pr**k Larry Hyatt. Talk about a crook with a license to steal. They are the most OVERPRICED shop I have ever been in. Even last year that crook was selling 9mm ammo for $18/box and telling u it was a bargain. If my choices are ever going to him or never shooting again, my choice is easy. Not to mention his staff sucks, his smithing staff sucks. The only people I see in there are gangbangers with wads of fives and tens

11. bunk22

bunk22

I have had a G19 Gen 4 on Blue Label order for months now. I retire soon so I'm running out of time to get a Blue Label Glock so I have a G26 Gen 4 on layaway, 75% paid for, just waiting it out in case a 19 comes in. Shouldn't have sold my last one.....grrrr :steamed:

12. Jeffrey Lebowski

Jeffrey Lebowski Not a golfer

How do you define "Over market price?" That is clearly what the market can bear right now....

Yep, I agree.

Try getting healthcare in Canada or England.

I'd be excited to pay that right now.

13. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Strongly recommend you buy a .22 caliber pistol and start shooting tomorrow. By the time the 19 shows up, you'll have developed some skill at pistol shooting.

Large caliber handguns are not the best way to learn to shoot. The noise, recoil, and expense severely limit the amount of practice you can put in. There is no substitute for rounds down-range for learning to shoot well.

Get a .22 and start practicing.

14. Sdk8103

Sdk8103

I have bought 2 Glocks from Hyatt and I have no complaints. I know his accessories are high so I only bought the guns from him. When we bought the 26 a couple of years ago (pre-hysteria) his price was as good as anyones. I know the price of the 19 was not the best, but from what I am seeing and hearing it was better than some, plus I had it in less time than most posting here. I have been there several times and have never seen any gangbangers, maybe you hit them on a bad day.

15. cooldawg69

cooldawg69

Walked in my LGS Saturday and saw a Gen 4 G19 priced at $549...yeah I walked out with it.

Couldn't believe I found a Gen 4 G19 during this craziness, but really couldn't believe it was reasonably priced! Guy said he had just put it in the case an hour earlier. As I was doing the paperwork someone called looking for one and put a down payment on the G3 G19 he had in stock. These were the first G19s I've seen around here since November.

The craziness will pass, but at least I have my new Gen 4 G19 and 3-15 round mags to practice with!

16. ChallengerSRT

ChallengerSRT

I have two G19's and a G21 on order, all Gen4 and FDE, since the end of December. I just received 600 FMJ and 600 JHP 9mm rounds from Cabelas and have nothing to shoot them with. Feel better now lol?:crying:

17. Sohryu76

Sohryu76

I am in kind of the same boat.

I ordered a Glock 19. It's on back order But it's only been a month (give or take a day). When I checked a week ago for my status on the list. I found out I was 21 out of 93. And that was less than a month after I ordered it.

The owner of the business said that the PO they put in on December 4th would fulfill my order. So, it's been over 10 weeks since the order was placed with Glock... and that order was placed before Sandy Hook.

I can only imagine orders placed AFTER.

18. The Viking

The Viking

Try Jims Firearms Baton Rouge and arrange for a transfer

19. VZ1600

VZ1600

I feel bad for you guys (and gals) who are having a hard time locating a Glock firearm.

One of the largest LGS's here has a ton of stock. At least 2or 3 copies of each model in both gen 3 and gen 4. IIRC the G19 gen 3 are going for $539 and the gen 4, $579. That was last week when I went in for some 9mm. Plenty of ammo too, with the exception of .223/5.56.

They only type of firearm they to not have are AR15's of any kind.

I hope the rest of LGS's and other suppliers out there get caught up soon for those of you waiting. Best of luck...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  20. Scotracy96

Scotracy96

Be patient. Took me a month to get a 19 gen 4 for 579.00, gotta get to your FFL's. I use 4 of them, all in small towns, big box stores suck..