Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a new to me lightly used Gen 4 17. I carry a G 30 for work and just wanted this as a cheaper alternative to shoot. I noticed that the trigger seemed heavy so I polished up the parts but that didn't seem to help much so I ordered the Lone Wolf 3.5 lb disconnector that came with a little heavier re-set spring. Once I installed it I could tell an immediate difference with a much lighter trigger. It was going to be a while before I could get it to the range and I've dry fired it to practice before the range. I noticed that it seemed to get heavier and heavier as I done this, to the point that my stock Glocks seemed to have a lighter trigger. I took it back apart and replaced the spring with the original but kept the LW disconnector in place. Again, super light but again it started getting heavy once again, as though something is binding up. I took just the rear trigger housing out to make sure the spring hadn't come lose and put it back in place and then the triggers was lighter again. Am I missing something here? Did I do something wrong or should I go back to the oem disconnector?

Thanks for any advice on this topic.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
The first thing that comes to mind is proper lubrication on connector where the trigger bar rubs on it at what's called the palm of the connector. Check a Glock manual, but basically shown in the picture.

Also check to make sure your trigger return spring is centered on the trigger bar like this.

Not like this.

Dave

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
To add to Dave's excellent photos of a spring slipping off center - the spring also needs to be put on the right direction. The openings on the spring should form an "S" with the top of the S hooking onto the trigger bar and the bottom on the Trigger Housing. When fully assembled the portion attached to the trigger bar should open on the bottom and the portion attached to the housing should open towards the top.

Since you carry a Glock you're probably already aware that everything in the firing pin channel and frame except the connector should be dry - no oil or grease.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Dave.1

Those are great photos and very helpful.

I saw a similar set of photos a while ago and it caused me to check my spring alignment of my Glocks and I found two that were not in properly.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Dave.1

Those are great photos and very helpful.

I saw a similar set of photos a while ago and it caused me to check my spring alignment of my Glocks and I found two that were not in properly.
I took my own pictures, but I wouldn't have been aware of the potential problem if another member here hadn't posted about it.

Lots of smart people here on Glock Talk.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts