·
NRA Patriot Life Member
7,464 Posts
That’s ok Geeorge we all make mistakes.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
I'm sorely disappointed.

Where is the 'Buntline-special' that was used in the old B&W Wyatt Earp TV series. Surely that was the real gun.

You could whack them over the head with that long barrel and not have to shoot them. Even better than Joe Byden's ideas.

·
Registered
988 Posts
"In 2014 a Colt .45 Single Action Army revolver was sold at auction for $225,000 reputed to used by Wyatt at the O.K. Corral. A shotgun, supposedly used by Doc Holliday was sold at the same auction for $150,000."

That's a whole lot of money for 'reputed' and 'supposedly'....shaky provenance at best.
You got that right. A lot of this makes no sense at all.

Reactions: Doc Holliday

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
These are the real deal Earps and holiday View attachment 857632
Not hardly. I have read extensively about the Earps, Holliday and the Fight Next to Fly's Photographic Studio and Boarding House on Fremont St., Tombstone, Az.
Besides the fact that none of these look like the Earps or Holliday, they didn't wear holsters and never posed for any known pictures. These are reenactors.
Wyatt was known to carry a S&W American. The Buntline story has never been proven, but if he had given Wyatt such a weapon, he probably would have hacked off the barrel to 6 inches and stuck it in his belt.

·
AK-74
1,927 Posts
My buddy Chester Ratcliffe Was one of those guys he also did the shootouts there went to them a few times and when in town if you have a cc permit to carry which i have you turn the gun into that shop and upon leaving you go pick it up again. no guns in town. started going there around 2000, also went out to the ranch of the guy who was a drummer boy in the horse Soldiers with John Wayne.

also One of the barmaids{was one of the wine barrel girls in the Wild Bunch.} worked in Benson, AZ. she had a bunch of the pics behind the bar of her and the movie scenes, in frames and yes she had large chi chis

Also a number of years ago this fine Lady passed away in Tuscon, I found out much too late to attend I met her in Chicago 25 years before. She was the famous Jungle Queen,SHEENA she was a very nice person to talk to a lot of class. A local bar Lee Marvin drank at for a number of years in town,A number of the old timers stayed around.
main-sheena.jpg

·
bene vivere
1,781 Posts
The old guy in the baseball cap looks pretty shady.....
E7E163BB-EC55-4DE4-BCFC-0A61CD96E54D.jpeg

·
AK-74
1,927 Posts
The guy on the right is still around Bill Helmer he got hit by the guy laying shot up in the pic. Bill has been a friend for decades, the other guy got into the Marines before i did he qualified Expert just took it in the wrong direction, The Tower Sniper. And both pics are authentic.
Helmer-Albert-1_Web.jpg
images (1)1966 sniper.jpg

·
Why so serious?
64,729 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Since you know nothing about Hollywood. The first two shots were on Camera "A" and then you saw the view from Camera "B". The film editor didn't do a good job of splicing. Watch it again. The first two shots is head on and the third is from a 30 degree angle.
That was the point. Got it?

I knew that you could.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,074 Posts
The hell you say. That's a recent pic, taken at the corner of 4th Street and Allen, just outside the OK Corral, facing east down Allen Street, and the sign behind them says Old West Books, which is a modern sign, still there. As much of Tombstone burned in 1881 and 1882 that's modern latticing on the building from way after the rebuild. Again, modern ACTORS in the street, and #4 doesn't even have the correct hat for the period. The REAL Earps and Holliday never had a pic taken together like that. There are only one or two authenticated pics of Holliday, and I guarantee you, that ain't one of them. NONE of those guys even look close to the real deal.

Don't tell me I don't know Tombstone, been there plenty of times. For your amusement:

View attachment 858110
Thanks for the proof and explanation instead of others saying , No "just It's not"

Reactions: TBO

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
The picture does look a little too clear to be real. I couldn't find anything on the authenticity of it so i think it's safe to assume it's not.
I have a few different books on Earp, the shootout, Doc etc. The pics in those books look nothing like the pic posted here. BTW, I'm a French model.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The guy on the right is still around Bill Helmer he got hit by the guy laying shot up in the pic. Bill has been a friend for decades, the other guy got into the Marines before i did he qualified Expert just took it in the wrong direction, The Tower Sniper. And both pics are authentic. View attachment 858416 View attachment 858418
Are you saying he got shot by Charles Whitman at the Univ of Texas shooting? He's not on the injured list. Just curious

·
AK-74
1,927 Posts
Bill was hit by a ricochet as he was a student there and kept the piece in a jar for decades. And talked about if he had not made it that day all the books he wrote never would have been there. And would have never enjoyed his time at Playboy...Here he is with Heff at a party when he was senior editor.

Many a Thompson collector and Gangster Dillinger fan has enjoyed what he has done over the past decades.

you might like this pic
DSCN4019.jpg

·
In The Saddle
7,126 Posts
I can't imagine the damage that 10 gauge coach gun did to the human body.

Yes sir... I can tell you that the first time I pulled a double barrel 10ga, was at an old 55gal drum. The ranch owner I cowboyed for at the time was a wise guy to put it kindly. Wooden butt stock and loaded with "Nukes". I was then, blessed with far more "stout" and it still cleaned my plow. lol.
Rubber but pad, and I'll do 'er for geese, but rather not, especially since I've hit 69. ha. I can take a good deal, but I been 'busted up real bad' all the years since then, so I'll let the young bucks have it now! HA..

CanyonMan
:horse:

·
Why so serious?
64,729 Posts
41 - 60 of 62 Posts