GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Formerly retired EE.
13,206 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
What caliber between the two was more popular during those times? I'm asking about the caliber that was used in the rifle and the pistol.

·
NRA Life Member
63,416 Posts
I'm a little skeptical of anybody carrying a S&W Model 3 in their pocket - as short a barrel as you could get, it's still going to be like carrying an extra-heavy S&W N Frame in your pocket.

View: https://youtu.be/NUp7k6co4Nk

Reactions: 1L26

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
A shotgun, supposedly used by Doc Holliday was sold at the same auction for $150,000
I always wondered about that. Cause, I watched the movie, and Doc fired that side by side shotgun three times without reloading. That would be a shotgun worth $150K. Plus, he fired his two six shooters 22 times into that window where Ike Clanton was hiding. Also without reloading.

It's amazing what you can learn from hollyweird.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,495 Posts
The article makes it pretty clear there really is no concrete information on who used what.

So, back in the day, the Law wasn't concerned about what weapons were used, just how they were used.

Which is as it should be today.

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
"In 2014 a Colt .45 Single Action Army revolver was sold at auction for $225,000 reputed to used by Wyatt at the O.K. Corral. A shotgun, supposedly used by Doc Holliday was sold at the same auction for $150,000."

That's a whole lot of money for 'reputed' and 'supposedly'....shaky provenance at best.

·
Registered
148 Posts
IDK "Who hit John?" or who carried what in their pocket(!);but,as I understand it and as it has been portrayed in movies, the Clantons/cowboys would not consent to being disarmed by the authorities, yes?

Hmmm. Just wondering how that would go down these days?

Hand'em over boys....it's the law.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,492 Posts
I can't imagine the damage that 10 gauge coach gun did to the human body.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts