GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
If length isn't an issue, a Shield would probably be a better choice. 7 and 8 round mags come stock with the gun. The main reason to go to the G43 is that's it's smaller. I'd like to have the size advantage with the same round count.

Well, in my case, the stock grip of the 43 is just too short for me. With the Pearce +1 there is hardly any increase in length and my pinky likes it. The SI +2 extensions do add about one inch to the length but it sure feels comfortable in my hand. I think a 43 with 9 rounds should allow me to get away from most all trouble notwithstanding an IS horde in a mall.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I haven't been able to get the 12 rounders to work in my 43. Rounds 1-6 the slide does not always go back in to battery. The 7 and 12 rounders work great in my 42 however.

I have not had anyone else shoot yet to eliminate something I might be doing.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
The 12 round works fine in my 43 so far. Too bad the discount expired a few days before I p,aced an order, but the prices was still pretty good. I'll be ordering an extended mag for the 19 (and 17 and 26) soon.

·
These are Great Times for Gun Owners!
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I've been rocking a Pearce +1 in the gun and a Vickee +2 for a backup mag pretty steadily and that's worked nicely for me. Both extensions have been flawless. Haven't taken the leap on the ETS yet.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I tried a Pearce +1 on it, and all it did was allow it seat nice and easy- no need for that additional push to get it latch. Wouldn't even take that extra cartridge though. Still a cool magazine for plinking/range practice!

·
Shellback
5,827 Posts
I tried a Pearce +1 on it, and all it did was allow it seat nice and easy- no need for that additional push to get it latch. Wouldn't even take that extra cartridge though. Still a cool magazine for plinking/range practice!
My ETS with the Pearce allows the extra, check your install, maybe your airing is caught up, there is no reason it wouldn't add one.

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
G43 Pearce +1 = DONE
If i need more than the G43 +1 and a loaded chamber, i`m in a place i shouldn't have been to start with. I find it really funny with some people that buy a tiny gun to carry, then add all these extensions to carry more ammo in the gun... kind of redundant dont you think...??? If you wanna carry all this extra ammo, then buy a bigger gun...rotfflmao.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
G43 Pearce +1 = Shield. If you're okay with a 7+1 gun with that length of grip, just get a shield, and not have to screw with aftermarket anything.

If you want 7+1 but smaller than a Shield, well, here we are.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT 2 ETS -12 RND G42 MAGS. QUALITY SEEMS REAL GOOD LOOKING AT THEM. I WENT TO LOAD ONE AND THE SPRING IN IT WAS SO STIFF I GAVE UP AFTER 5 ROUNDS BY HAND........... THE SECOND MAG WAS A "LITTLE EASYER " I DID GET 12 IN IT BUT IT WAS A REAL CHORE LITTERALLY. IT INSTALLED NICE IN GUN, DROPPED FREE LOADED OR EMPTY WITH MAG RELEASE BUTTON. I HAVENT SHOT IT BECAUSE OF AMMO SHORTAGE DUE TO POLITICAL CLIMATE YET. I ORDERED A MAG LOADER TO SEE IF IT HELPS LOADING THESE UP. I,LL POST MORE WHEN I CAN.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Interestingly, these are OEM for the Mossberg pistols. I found this strange because there had bee quality/function issues when ETS first released them. I wouldn't think an gun manufacturer would want to hitch their reputation to faulty magazines. Maybe Mossberg knows something, and ETS has the bugs worked out.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Interestingly, these are OEM for the Mossberg pistols. I found this strange because there had bee quality/function issues when ETS first released them. I wouldn't think an gun manufacturer would want to hitch their reputation to faulty magazines. Maybe Mossberg knows something, and ETS has the bugs worked out.
My understanding is the mossberg mags are clear, but not ETS mags.
Do you have a source of information saying otherwise? I’m just going on what I believe I saw on the net somewhere.

they worked perfect hand cycling the slide
Hand cycling live ammo is dangerous and doesn’t prove anything about the function of a gun or mag under live fire. If you didn’t do that then I misunderstood your post.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I just bought three ETS mags for my G43 and all three have issues. I bought two 7 round mags and one 9 round mag. One of the 7 round mags won't even lock into my pistol when fully loaded and the slide closed. The other 7 round and the 9 round fill lock in on a closed slide but put so much pressure on the bottom of the slide that it is very difficult to rack it. The 9 round also will not lock the slide back when empty.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts