GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Free Full Clip!
17,135 Posts
Alas I live in California...no extended mags for me. :(
What's extended? something over 10 rounds? Seems to me someone should be able to make a 10 round mag for the G43 and it wouldn't be as long as a 12 round.

I need to see a picture of one of these 12 round single stack mags sticking out of the bottom of a Glock 43. I realize these aren't for actually carrying in the gun, but for a reload. But I wouldn't even carry one for a reload unless I knew it was reliable. Glock needs to make a factory 10-rounder.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well, I had a bit of a mixed bag.

I put 100 rounds through the 7 & 12 round mags for the 42. I had one FTF with the 12 round mag. It was the 2nd round and I feel like I may have been riding the slid a bit. I have a tendency to have high thumbs. Other than that they were fine.

The 12 rounder for the 43 on the other hand was terrible. I hope I just got a lemon. I had numerous failures to go into battery. Rounds, generally between 5-7, would fail to go completely into battery. Maybe 85-90% of the way. The rest of the mag was fine. I tried two handed, one handed, two finger grip etc., in an effort to rule out grip issues. Failures were there regardless of grip.

Pushing the bottom of the mag towards the rear of the grip would correct the issue and make the gun ready to fire. I put about 110 rounds through this mag. 105 FMJ 115 gr Fiocchi, and 5 124gr +p gold dot(no more since it still had issues, this stuff is expensive).

Not sure what the issue is. On the face of it, the spring could be a bit too long/strong. When fully loaded a few of the coils have to move to the side to allow for complete compression. Not sure though.

Will be shooting an email to ETS for their thoughts. Hopping I just got a lemon as all of the other ETS mags I have work.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I called ETS today and explained what was happening. They are sending out a replacement. So props for customer service. Will test the replacement when it arrives, hopefully with better results.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I got my 2 12 rounders for my G42 yesterday. I went to the range today alnd put about 40 rounds through each one. The last round is hard to put in both mags. They are definitely harder to load than OEM mags. I didn't have any issues with my target loads at all. These are only range mags so I think their good to go. They do feel flimsy, unlike my Magpul GL9 mags.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I got mine today. Twelve rounder for the GLOCK 43. Will shoot in the morning. Really is pretty nice. Twelve go in and it seats with just a bit of extra effort (about like most 1911 magazines at 8+1). I got mine at Cheaper Than Durt for $17.00+ S&H.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I got mine today. Twelve rounder for the GLOCK 43. Will shoot in the morning. Really is pretty nice. Twelve go in and it seats with just a bit of extra effort (about like most 1911 magazines at 8+1). I got mine at Cheeper Than Durt for $17.00+ S&H.
Please let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Bump for some updates if they're available. I'm specifically interested in G43 7-rounders. How are these performing? Are the good to go for carry?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Bump for some updates if they're available. I'm specifically interested in G43 7-rounders. How are these performing? Are the good to go for carry?
Sorry I can't help with the seven rounders, but the nines and 12 work flawlessly so far. Probably only 200 rounds though run through the four of them. Two 9 rounders, two 12 rounders.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The SI +2 mag extensions fit the grip perfectly, look great, fill the hand nicely and function flawlessly.

·
Registered
661 Posts
7 rounds? Just get the Pearce +1 floor plate and you have 7 and a nice pinky rest. Much cheaper than these ETS magazines.

Reactions: Intolerant

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
^
Isn't the idea is to keep grip length as short as possible. I would consider the Taran +1, as it seems like the most minimal added capacity base plate. I'd also look at Magguts. On the flip side, I'd prefer the mag to be designed for the round count it has.

The big win here is to get the round count of the larger Shield, in the package of the smaller Glock 43.

·
Registered
661 Posts
^
Isn't the idea is to keep grip length as short as possible. I would consider the Taran +1. And also, I'd like the mag to be designed for the round count it has.

The big win here is to get the round count of the larger Shield, in the package of the smaller Glock 43.
Well, in my case, the stock grip of the 43 is just too short for me. With the Pearce +1 there is hardly any increase in length and my pinky likes it. The SI +2 extensions do add about one inch to the length but it sure feels comfortable in my hand. I think a 43 with 9 rounds should allow me to get away from most all trouble notwithstanding an IS horde in a mall.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
And I can say with certainty The pierce +1 with pinky extension seem to make the grip better, function flawlessly, and they will drop in a pocket easily. Also make it easier to draw because you get all your fingers on it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
And I can say with certainty The pierce +1 with pinky extension seem to make the grip better, function flawlessly, and they will drop in a pocket easily. Also make it easier to draw because you get all your fingers on it.
Yep, already said that and totally agree with you.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I have had ETS magazines for quite a while (15 and 22 rounders for my G19C and STANAGs for my rifle) and have been very happy with them. Getting the 22nd round in the magazines is a small chore, but it does fit.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts