GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
These are Great Times for Gun Owners!
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ETS just released some G42 and G43 extended magazines. Anybody for 12+1 rounds in their 43 or 42?! Prices currently $16.99 to $21.99. Check em out. I hear mixed reviews about ETS, but these might be worth taking a look at.

http://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Group-Glock-Magazines-s/1823.htm

*EDIT to the EDIT*

They HAD 15% off with code "ETS4243"

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I want a few 12 rnd. G42 mags but I'll wait till they go on sale. Their a little steep at $21.99 per magazine.

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
I ordered and will beta test the 12 round ETS G42 and G43 and post up here!

Here's what I have tested:
The Magguts work great in both stock magazines.

The ProMag 10 round G42 work flawlessly.

I have the Zahal 10 round mag extension for the G43 coming.

Then these 12 round ETS magazines when they come in.

DISCLAIMER: I carry factory mags in the guns (with Magguts). Extended mags are mainly a range thing and potential backup mag thing if proven to be 100% reliable. Yes, I understand some people like to only train with exactly the combination they carry with.

Will post impressions when they arrive!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I was just about to order some MagGuts for the G43 and test them out (I've had great success with them in a Bodyguard 380), but these are a bit cheaper for 7 rnds, so I'll try them first. Add me to the beta testing list.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I ordered and will beta test the 12 round ETS G42 and G43 and post up here!

Here's what I have tested:
The Magguts work great in both stock magazines.

The ProMag 10 round G42 work flawlessly.

I have the Zahal 10 round mag extension for the G43 coming.

Then these 12 round ETS magazines when they come in.

DISCLAIMER: I carry factory mags in the guns (with Magguts). Extended mags are mainly a range thing and potential backup mag thing if proven to be 100% reliable. Yes, I understand some people like to only train with exactly the combination they carry with.

Will post impressions when they arrive!
Please do keep us posted with your reliability testing! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
I'll get a few and see how they work. Thanks for posting discount code, much appreciated. I think they look good, btw.

Reactions: Dr_fast

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would prefer they weren't transparent,I think that they look like cheap junk.
I agree, because of the clear/smoke, they look cheap. I figured for the price though I would give them a shot. I have a few in 9mm and .40 that have been great. I ordered a 7 and 2 12's, as soon as I get them I'll put a few hundreded rounds through them to see how they do.

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
You guys are so lucky to be able to have hi-cap mags.
I live in Communist New York State :50cal:

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have ETS mags for my 19 and 34 and they have been flawless. I purchased the 7 and 9 round mags for my 43 (I live in California) and a 7 round mag for my 42.

These magazines barely meet the advertised capacity. I really have to press the Uplula down hard while simultaneously jamming the last round in the magazine. Once the magazine is loaded they operate just fine. I prefer the OEM magazines with the Magguts conversion kits to 7 rounds for the 42 and 43. Too bad the kit and the OEM magazine together cost twice as much as the ETS magazine.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I like the fact that have an as designed flush fit 7 rounder for the 43. While the base plate solutions were interesting, I think there were reliability questions. I like the fact that there are now purpose designed extended mags, both flush fitting and not.

I don't know if these are in the wild yet. It will be interesting to see how the reviews come back. I've seen some review of other ETS Glock mags that have had issues.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
(2x) 7-rd and (2x) 9-rd arrived today.

First impressions: the mag bodies seem like they are not quite long enough for their capacities. Loading the mags was difficult (the rounds did not slide into the feed lips as smoothly as factory mags), but the real problem was, stick a fully loaded mag in the gun, and the slide is VERY HARD to rack. 3 of the mags were around the same difficulty, but one was really stuck. Once I finally jammed the slide back, the nose of the top round in the mag was actually deformed from dragging on the slide! There is clearly not enough space in the magazines for the top round to compress when inserted in the gun. Hopefully the springs will break in a little after a few range trips, but so far I'm quite disappointed in these mags.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts