Glock Talk banner

Fusion 5" carry

1615 Views 25 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  Gary1911A1
7 months ago I ordered a semi custom from Fusion. I got the email that it's done yesterday. I can hardly wait until it arrives. 10mm & 40 S&W.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,215 Posts
Sweet looking, almost too purdy to shoot. Bob Serva is a great guy and they build some nice looking guns at Fusion. I've bought some forged parts (slide stop & extractor) from Fusion and have been very happy with the performance.

I think for the money you get a lot of gun from Fusion, they're like the best kept secret in lower cost of a custom. The lines and attention to detail are all very good on their guns.

Enjoy it and congrat's on that beauty!

· JAFO
15,120 Posts
Very sharp.

· Semper Paratus
31,426 Posts
I will be very interested in a range report, Fusion has a love them or hate them rep, and I have never owned one, have used some parts in builds that were fine.

· Registered
5,605 Posts
they had a reputation for mixed quality and buying off 1911 forum moderators so nothing bad ever was said of then. Did they improve this?
Sounds slanderous to me!

To the OP, nice looking.

I have a 10mm railed Commander and like it a lot, so much so that it's my carry in a very rural area. :)

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It finally came in yesterday. Thanks a lot USPS 2nd day priority air...it took 7 days. I ordered a horse hide holster from High Noon Holsters and that came today and it is gorgeous. Last night I cleaned and oiled the gun and this morning I went to the range. 300 flawless rounds. It shoots as good as it looks. I couldn't be happier. Going back to the range tomorrow to put a few hundred defensive rounds down range and see how it feeds hollow points.

The only other 1911 I've owned was a Dan Wesson CBOB and I loved that gun. It had a trigger group upgrade and trigger job done by an excellent, well known smith and the trigger was better than anything else I had ever experienced. That said, the trigger on the Fusion makes the CBOB's trigger feel like a Glock trigger. The difference is staggering. I didn't know a trigger could feel this good. Simply amazing.

It was worth both the money I spent and the wait. I don't have any regrets. By the way, it has a TX serial number which I thought was a nice touch considering I live in Texas.

· Cuhootnified Roamer
11,893 Posts
Beautiful. Congratulations, enjoy it in health!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.