Funny Stories Growing Up At Home

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by GeorgiaGlocker, Oct 20, 2018.

1. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Philippians 4: 6-7

One Sunday afternoon my brother and I were playing in the living room when we noticed that mom and dad were no longer in the room with us. I was about 9 at the time and my brother was 7 years old. We checked the kitchen and the den and they were no where to be found. We then proceeded to walk down the hall to mom and dad's bedroom and found the door locked. As I tried to open the door again, I told dad to open the door. I heard nothing from the other side. I asked again....nothing. My brother and I then started to beat on the door and asked mom and dad to open the door. Again no response.

I finally asked what are ya'll doing? Nothing but silence. I asked again, what are ya'll doing? Finally, dad hollered back, I'm reading the newspaper! Not missing a beat my brother hollered back, well read faster!!

2. railfancwb

railfancwb

Bruce M likes this.

3. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

My mom hated everything about me. She had “issues”. Hated my clothes, music, friends etc. She was always searching my room to see what she needed to throw out. BB Guns, magazines, records and tapes were the usual targets.

I was about 12 and she found my stash of Mad Magazine. Mad was banned from our house. She looked through a bunch of them and told me it was like Playboy for little boys.

It was a constant battle and I learned to really push her buttons. I asked her if I quit buying Mad could I get Playboy instead?

I swear I never saw the first blow coming but totally worth it.

fx77, ckcarron and pgg00 like this.
  4. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
  5. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

She was at least entertaining. I just got the fallout of her screwed up childhood.

6. Foxterriermom

Foxterriermom No place like home

My fraternal Grama used to tell us a story about wearing a brand new raincoat into the outhouse one day when it suddenly collapsed without any warning. She was able to escape without getting a single drop of doo-doo on her coat. We laughed every time she told the story.

She also never learned how to ride a bicycle because every time she tried, she would laugh so hard she would wet her pants.

My Grama was an absolute character and was highly regarded in the community. I wish she hadn't died when I was so young. My memories of her have faded over the years she has been gone. She loved us kids so much and we really loved her too.

7. Desert Kraut

Desert Kraut

My father was in the shoe business. When he was younger, he fitted and sold shoes on the floor in a full service shoe department of a large department store. During the Christmas shopping rush, a lady came in and wanted to buy a pair of lippers for her husband as a Christmas present. Dad, of course, asked her what size. She pulled out a string she had used to measure his shoes with and held it up. My Dad responded, I am sorry Ma'm, we don't carry them that narrow.

8. DaveD

DaveD Ex-Mod Moderator Millennium Member

My grandfather spent the last 40 years of his life thinking about the day he was going to die. He was in a wheelchair the last 10 years of his life and told me every day that I should push him into traffic (he lived on a busy street).

I got so tired of hearing it that one day I was taking him around the yard and when he said push me into the street I started to push him as fast as I could toward the six lanes. When he realized I could be serious he started to scream "stop, are you crazy?".

He never asked me again..........oh yes, I did stop.

deputy tom, Von Hayes, pittpa and 3 others like this.
  9. Ross-in-Pa

Ross-in-Pa Western Pa

Overall, I had a good childhood. I didn't know we were poor at the time. Dad came home every night after work. Mom had a warm meal on the table every night. We had a roof over our heads, clothes to wear, food to eat. What more did we need????

deputy tom, pgg00, tjpet and 10 others like this.
  10. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

She sounds like a hoot.

Rizzo likes this.
  11. Need4Speed

Need4Speed

The neighbors always knew when my dad was “on his game”. The front door would bust open and we would all sprint into the yard, gasping for air.

He juiced once so good he made my uncle throw up on the clutch on his rupp, dead of winter outside.

Lots more...

12. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

13. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

It wasn't until I was about 15 that I found out that not everyone who visits your house, throws their car keys in the big bowl on the table..