close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Funny reaction to guns

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jakestir, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Jakestir

Jakestir

What's the funniest reaction you have ever got from someone about you owning, shooting, and or carrying a gun?

The first time I have ever experienced someone freak out about me owning a gun was in the city of Chicago. Believe it or not it is perfectly ok to own firearms in the city. I was in the process of carrying a few rifles/shotgun bags into my apartment when one the people on the floor above me saw me. I knew the guy in passing but I couldn't tell you his name. He asked me what I had in the bags, being the dumb kid from podunk nowhere I told him.

You would have thought I hit the dude with a lead pipe. Color drained from his face and he went full freak out mode. Stammering about how he was going to call the cops and the landlord, who was a retired cop and someone I went to the range with regularly. He said I needed to stay right there. I told him to calm down but he was in full snowflake mode so I calmly walked inside and put my stuff away and waited for he cops. CPD and my landlord both showed up at the same time.

The dude went nearly catotinic when the police didn't arrest me and instead we all shot the crap about what guns we all had, where we went to shoot, what we carried concealed, etc. After about 20 minutes of this the dude went inside and I don't think I ever saw him again. Seriously I lived there for another 6 months and I never saw the guy, I think he avoided me like I had some sort of virus.

Another time I had a buddy down from college to go shooting. Never even held a gun before but he claimed to be "super conservative." He came for the Mr. Howell type family. You know bankers and the like, didn't like getting his hands dirty type of people. Anyway I tell him to meet me at my house and just walk in when he gets there. I had a few of my other buddies come by and to be fair we had enough guns and ammo in my living room to invade a small Central American country. Even had my buddies 50 cal out.

He walked in and this dude damn near loses his mind. Started with "aren't assault rifles illegal" and "we are going to get arrested, I can't be here." Eventually got him to calm down and we took our small arsenal outside to do some shooting. No sooner does he start to calm down does the local sheriff swing by. My buddy almost legs it. He was 100% convinced we were going to jail. That was until the sheriff said he was bored and asked if he could shoot the 50. He does, we bs for a bit and he drives off. My buddy just couldn't get over it. Kept saying stuff like "I can't believe this legal" and "they let you do this stuff out here?"

So what do the rest of you got?

2. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

3. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

I get the typical liberal "You have guns!?!" followed by the speech of how they are evil and I don't need them. Then again I live in liberal mecca... it really sucks being a Libertarian where I live...

4. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

Went to a company picnic once. A co-worker gave me a hug and noticed something under my arm ( Kramer Confident ).

She: What's that?
    Me: Nothing
    She: Is that a gun
    Me; No
    She: Yes, it is
    Me: No
    She: Neat, what kind?
    Me: No

Taught her concealed carry a few months later.

5. PBCounty

PBCounty

I was at a little cookout where a chick from London was attending, her second day ever in the US. At some point someone produced a pocket knife to cut something and she had a fit. "What are you a murderer??" and so on. So we all put our folded knives on the table, including the women which she particularly reacted to. Boy she really let us have it then...we were all psychos, murderers, etc. We all looked around at each other, and then lifted our shirts or emptied pockets displaying probably eight firearms. HO LEE ****.

By the end of the week she was riding four wheelers and shooting rifles from airboats.

6. Cirdan

Cirdan

There's an indoor gun range in West Yellowstone, MT. Couldn't figure out why, since you can drive 5 minutes out of town and shoot where you want. So I went in. Absolutely packed with Japanese tourists paying >$200 for the "movie experience," firing one clip through a fully auto weapon.

Guns, of course, are totally banned in Japan.

7. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Anti gun elementary school teacher lived across the street from me. She called the cops about a man with a gun because I loaded a couple rifles into my van and went shooting. The cops arrived and talked with my wife. Got the story from the teacher and blew her off. She came over and screamed at me when I came home.

I decided to screw with her by using Pelican pistol style cases to carry my cameras. I would let her see me loading the van and one day she called the cops again. They showed up to find a Hasselblad in my case. This time she got her *** royally chewed out.

My favorite was when a friend of my wife's came over. She asked why I would have a toy gun over the fireplace. I told her that is not a toy, it's real. That is a Brown Bess musket. It's what the British used against us in the revolution. She hyperventilated until she started to pass out.

8. PBCounty

PBCounty

I absolutely despise people like that. They are why I live where I live.

[​IMG]

9. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

If my neighbors are freaked out when they see me and my wife loading up for a range trip, they must keep it to themselves. I've really never been confronted by an anti-gunner other than on the internet. Maybe they're afraid I'll shoot their eye out. :)

10. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

had a neighbor I went over to see about something, I don't remember, after I just got home and hadn't gone into my house yet. i get there and her 28 year old daughter is visiting from somewhere Missouri. They were talking about break-ins and such. My neighbor looks at her daughter with big eyes and says: and he's got a GUN. Her daughters eyes got big and I thought for sure I was gonna see a wet spot form

oh, and yes, she was hawt

cghelton, DougS63 and First shot like this.
  11. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

You mean a "hey there big boy" kind of wet spot, or a pissed her pants in fear wet spot?

12. BobbyS

She looked like she was gonna piss her pants

I guess I should have said: I don't have a gun but I am happy to see ya

13. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

Damn. Would have been a better story the other way.

14. BobbyS

the look on her face was exactly how you would imagine it

Gray_Rider likes this.
  15. aksnowman

aksnowman

no stories like ya all got for me. my neighbor to my left and right own guns the three houses across the street they own guns. got like four military people around and they own guns as well. people here open carry all over have never seen an adverse reaction to them at all. if you dont like guns and tats and trashy women i doubt i would like you.

16. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Now I think about it... we had some Chinese folks from Taiwan about 3 weeks ago. They were staying in our Air BnB (It's been keeping us floating while I recover) for a couple days. Anyhow I was talking to them making sure they were comfortable when one of them asked about my hat. I wear a Desert Storm hat as I have 3 tours (Navy so no my time there was pretty boring) that of course led to: "Do you have guns?"

I paused before I answered, mainly because I wanted to assess their demeanor. And when I replied in the affirmative... they started pressing me hard to see them. Normally I am pretty secretive and don't show what I have... but, they were from China and probably would never get the opportunity again. So I broke out my G20, Savage .270Win and Remington 1100 for them to hold and check out. The number of photos they took... holy crap! Anyhow they really, really, REALLY wanted to shoot them. but I wasn't in the mood for the full training session with folks that didn't speak English very well so I told them that we couldn't shoot that day. They didn't care... they were so stoked....

One of the young Chinese males commented about the optics... he literally shat his pants when he looked through my .270Win scope. "Holy **** I can see that bird as though it's right next to me! And it's how far away?" it was about 300 yards. Followed by "This is NOTHING like Call of Duty! The optics are WAY cleaner in real life!!!". I just smiled!

They then started to ask about ranges and other performance characteristics. Then their mom came down and told them it was breakfast time. I will never forget those Chinese boys...

17. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

I was doing some consulting work with Koch Energy and several members of their London Metals Trading Group were in Houston for a conference, so I decided to take them out to do something they couldn't do in London...namely go to a nice, local indoor gun range and tear some stuff up.

Upon entering the gun range (Athena, off of I-10), one of their desk heads who is a pretty good friend of mine took one look at the rows of pistols, rifles, machine guns and other toys hanging off the walls and started cussing like a sailor.

Him - "Are you F'ing kidding me???"

Me - "I told you they had this stuff."

Him - "Jesus F'ing Christ! Is all of this $hit real?!?"

Me - "Yep"

Him - "You mean I could literally F'ing walk in here, trow some money down and shoot anything I want?"

Me - "Yep"

Him - "This is like some sort of F'ing Hollywood movie scene!"

Twenty minutes later he was mugging for pics with the other traders, grinning like a canary-fed cat and blissfully putting rounds down range through my G19, as well as a rented submachine gun and a Benelli 12 gauge.

A good time was had by all.

18. 9jeeps

9jeeps

We were having a gun selection/training party at my friends house one evening as he and his wife were narrowing down what they wanted for home defense.

A gal stopped by the see my friends wife, We had several handguns laying around so they could select a revolver or pistols.

Without thinking my friends wife swung open the door and invited her friend in and she spied about six handguns and then began to dance, shiver and shake while gasping for air.

Dummy me ask her if she was frightened or having an Orgasim? She was offended by me and my wife and left immediately.

19. AZ_Wildcat

AZ_Wildcat

I was on my way home from court, wearing my "going to court" slacks, shirt, tie...etc. I had my Glock 23 on my belt, on the off side a spare mag/cuff case combo.

This is Arizona...usually, I eschewed a sports coat, especially in July.

I stopped at Fry's grocery store to pick up a couple of things and I hear in a VERY "Lawn Guyland - New Yawk" accent "My Gawwwwwd Irving, he's got a gun! He's gonna kill all of us!"

I turned around, ready to draw and lay fire on the miscreant who was "going to kill all of us"...and I see this old clown painted septuagenarian pointing at ME in an apoplectic episode with her cane supported husband rolling his eyes next to her.

When she stopped to take a breath, I pointed out my badge and old her that carrying a gun was legal in Arizona for police officers as well as civilians. She did not approve "Cus only cops and criminals have guns ya know".

Ugh.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  20. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

A number of years back I was in my regular gun shop which I have been doing business with and good friends with the owner for over 30 years.

His wife works with a Chinese/American man and he asked them if it was alright to bring in a group of people making a documentary for Chinese television.

Well it happened to come on a Saturday when I was hanging out and business was slow. They came in and interviewed the Chinese man who was buying a gun . The whole group had to shake everyones hands and take pictures with all the employees , which I was behind the counter that day so it included me. You would have thought that them meeting us open carrying guns was like meeting major celebrities.
    They handled numerous guns each and left all smiles

Inyo Tim, Southwind and First shot like this.