Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post here but I have been lurking for some time. I have two Glocks, a G21 and my most recent purchase, a model G30. I decided to renew my carry permit so I could carry again AND I just got the permit in the mail. Upon inspection I notice that I have a one thousand and five year permit. Should I take it back to the judge for correction or just carry on. I realize that it is good for five years but no kidding it says...."Expires 02/04/3016":wow:

What say ye?

·
Banned
12,633 Posts
Uh you're going to want to get that replaced
Regards
DW

·
packin heat
2,412 Posts
Do not surrender that permit, if you would like a future conversation piece. Reapply for a replacement. eg: mangled in the washer. They may let you keep it, depends on their sense of humor.:wavey:

·
Registered
425 Posts
The day I got my permit, they had the address wrong. I told them, the police clerk took it back and put whiteout on it before running in through a typewriter. I love NH

·
Registered
12,597 Posts
Post pics? jw would it be illegal to keep it and just never renew again?

·
AKA Fluffy316
2,208 Posts
Take a picture of it, scan it, whatever, but more than likely you will have to contact the issuing agency and get them to correct their mistake. They'll probably want it back.

Pretty funny though.

·
Registered
12,597 Posts
He applied for a permit he was issued a permit. :dunno:Maybe call them in 5 years.
Right, but is there anything that says if there is a mistake on the permit it is invalid?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since it was signed and laminated by the local probate judge's office I am hoping that I can get it corrected "on the spot" and not have to wait for them to mail a replacement. There is nothing in my paperwork that declares it invalid due to mistakes so I could probably keep it and use the old "hey, I didn't ever notice that" excuse, but that's not the right thing to do, so........I will take a picture instead :whistling:

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
In 3016, who's gonna care? :supergrin:

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Since it was signed and laminated by the local probate judge's office I am hoping that I can get it corrected "on the spot" and not have to wait for them to mail a replacement. There is nothing in my paperwork that declares it invalid due to mistakes so I could probably keep it and use the old "hey, I didn't ever notice that" excuse, but that's not the right thing to do, so........I will take a picture instead :whistling:
That should still be valid when they release the Phase Plasma Rifle... in a 40 watt range, of course. :supergrin:

·
Why so serious?
65,790 Posts
:wow:

·
Infidel كافر
5,034 Posts
That should still be valid when they release the Phase Plasma Rifle... in a 40 watt range, of course. :supergrin:
And the caliber wars will still be going on. The guys with the 9 watt version will say the 40 watt is over rated. :rofl:

·
10mm Auto
1,766 Posts
I would keep it. If anyone tries to give you crap about it tell them you never noticed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts