close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fun with the Glock 18

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by east_stingray, Mar 13, 2006.

1. east_stingray

east_stingray Pickles!

I was in St. Louis last weekend and had the pleasure of spending a day shooting with John Ross, author of Unintended Consequences. We did quite a bit of full-auto shooting, including the G18.

Me with the G18

This is my friend Tony shooting the G18

John Ross with the Stechkin

John Shooting his suppressed Uzi

The climb on the G18 is pretty hard to control. This was not the compensated model, and I'm sure that makes a big difference. I can't imagine trying to shoot accurately from isocelese stance (Tony does that, and, well, you can see the results HE got). As you can see, I've locked in the left elbow and it's still climbing on me.

We were shooting at golf balls at about 10 or 15 yards... I could always land the first shot, about 3/4 of the time on the second, and after that it varied. Golf balls don't last more than one hit before they bounce waaay back out of range. We had a 5 gallon bucket full of them thrown out there, so targets were plentiful.

I shoot a lot of 9mm, but this feels completely different. For being as scrawny as I am, I handle my 9's pretty well, but I don't think my stance held up very well toward the end of the magazine. It's a different feeling, all right.

2. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Thnx for the vids, Stingray, nice. So, these guns are modded to shoot that way?

imoutsir :cool:

3. TED

TED Millennium Member

That last video is not a Glock 18, it is a Stechkin, VERY rare state side and still fairly rare in the former com-bloc, having been produced only in Russia and for not very long or in very many numbers IIRC.

The Glock 18 is probably the very absolute best machine pistol ever, with the Stechkin amongst the top three.

I have trigger time on a factory actual G18C and a Beretta 93R (not real impressed, it was good, but it just paled next to the G18C), but would LOVE LOVE LOVE to shoot a Stechkin.

TED

4. bac1023

bac1023

5. east_stingray

east_stingray Pickles!

My mistake. We were shooting a LOT of full autos and I thought I uploaded the right video. He had the holster/shoulder stock for the Stech. That thing WAS a blast to shoot.

This G18 is straight from Gaston, no aftermarket mods on it. I wish he would have had the make with the compensator just so that I could try it.

THEPOPE, Glock actually makes a full-auto pistol. It was designed either for the Austrian police, or the Austrian army, I can't remember which. This is straight from the factory, no mods. There aren't all that many people in the country who can still own full-auto firearms, which is why you don't see or hear about them too often. John is one of those people (he has a Class 3 license).

6. east_stingray

east_stingray Pickles!

7. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Thnx, Stingray dude, that answers my inquiry regarding the autos. I didn t know Glock even made a full auto, enjoyed the vids, hell, I watched em many times.

imoutsir :cool:

8. M1 SUPER 90

M1 SUPER 90 OIF 06-07

Don't have any c3 but you will get hammered on this one. If you can buy a gun then you can buy c3.;g

9. east_stingray

east_stingray Pickles!

Sorry, I guess I didn't type what I meant. Not many people still have a class 3 license because of the prohibitive cost. The license waives the $200 tax on NFA weapons. Not many people without the c3 are willing to throw that much money out on top of the already prohibitive cost of NFA weapons.

After having stated what I SHOULD have said, you're still wrong. I live in IL. I can buy guns. I can not own NFA weapons. Simple as that. IL prohibits private ownership of NFA weapons. I'm not sure if any other states are like that or not.

-East

10. major

major Rejected member

I got the chance to shoot an 18 once. Man, what fun!