Fun thread on why we reload

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by naughtymoose, Jun 1, 2020.

1. unclebob

unclebob DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.

Their are a couple of ways of doing it. I also will do a couple of hundred or more set aside that has been sized primed and belled. If I'm doing just powder I will use a Sharpie and mark 10 rounds on the bottom fill the cases with powder. then do another ten with a different color Sharpie and charge with a different weight. Keep doing that for how many I want to test. the just seat and crimp the bullet and do all of the rounds. then arrange them in ammo box by the color Just make sure you wright down what the load is when you do it. I will put a mark on the paper with the Sharpie along with what the load is. I do two one paper goes to the range and one stays at home. just in case one blows away.

Taterhead likes this.
  2. Taterhead

Taterhead Nightshade

I learned the hard way to sharpie the cases. Had a box of testers that I fumbled all over the ground. They inconveniently did not fall in the same filing order that they were arranged in the box. :crying:

3. fredj338

fredj338

Without. Everything else gets a bullet. When I have been hiking in snake country, 1st load is snake shot, everything else gets a bullet.

CanyonMan and Collo Rosso like this.
  4. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Here ya go fred..... Come on out amigo!
    I am so used to this, i just draw and shoot! Bullets! ;)

"Hand loading," makes everything better... Even supper! HA.

PS.... The ones in the "Green Bucket," are ready for cutting up and the deep fryer...! Yum! With biscuits, gravy and roastin ears, and mashed taters and ice tea!

CM
    :horse:

!ATT5.jpg !ATT6.jpg !CID__0705071359.jpg !cid_001c01c9efb9$b3144c90$6564a8c0@Northwest2.jpg 0621000933.jpg IMG_0052.jpg IMG_088002.jpg IMG_00204444.jpg

5. fredj338

fredj338

That is a big pair of rattlers right there! I have an aversion to poison snakes, but fried rattlesnake is tasty.

CanyonMan likes this.
  6. xTerpx

xTerpx

After seeing that snake pit, I don't feel as manly for having to deal with this last week. :)

IMG_0356 (1).jpg

CanyonMan likes this.
  7. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

HAHA... Taste just like chicken... "with a slight "Buzzzzz," to it!

Those dens, the right time of year, can give ya a shiver up and down the spine, and a 'yellow streak,' as well. No matter how long ya been around this stuff! :alex:

Bring "Lots of hand loads" with ya amigos! ;)

CM

Taterhead likes this.
  8. fredj338

fredj338

I lived in Az for a couple years & killed my fair share of rattlers out hiking. If they are in my space, too crowded so away they go. God put poison snakes on the planet to keep humans in check.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    CanyonMan likes this.
  9. Collo Rosso

Collo Rosso

[QUOTE="CanyonMan, post: 28983046, member: 19576

Those dens, the right time of year, can give ya a shiver up and down the spine, and a 'yellow streak,' as well. No matter how long ya been around this stuff! :alex:

Bring "Lots of hand loads" with ya amigos! ;)[/QUOTE]

Screw handloads! I would of called in a nuclear strike!

SARDG and CanyonMan like this.
  10. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Screw handloads! I would of called in a nuclear strike![/QUOTE]

LOL.... Shot guns do great! Usually, the annual rattlesnake hunt, sees a few dissapear from all those who like hunting them on the ranches around the counties with high populations... but there are still a cazillion here, waiting/lurking, for ya to fix fence, or doze down cactus towers or cedars etc... ha! Frankly, ya just don't worry about them, ya see 'em, shoot 'em!

***Appologies to OP, I am not tryin to high jack thread amigo! *** ;)

CanyonMan

11. Current Resident

Current Resident

That is real interesting to me, I see how it relates to reloading.
    If I were looking at the snake pit I would empty my shotgun on them and reload to make certain I got them all. Starting at the entrance and move out from there.
    The gives me the eeby jeebies.

12. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Ya start shooting them, "Long before you "GET", to the entrance," or you may not get there at all !

These little devils, and there 10-11" long babies, (with NO rattles yet) come out around spring turkey season, and get all in the buffalo grass, and everywhere. Around the house, and down the road taking a walk, day or night, and under and around about everything! They "Love," being around the edges of a cow/deer path/trail, and behind your truck tire/s, and barn and corrals and you name it, and get the idea! ;)

Great fun! Ha.

Stay safe amigo!

CanyonMan