close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fun machine--

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Skyhook, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Skyhook

Skyhook

2. kengps

kengps

What is it he is claiming to have invented? The Airplane? Airplanes with Hovercraft landing gear were tried many many years ago and found to be a waste of time compared to a floatplane or wheel/ski equipped aircraft. The "Lake" company in particular had a hovercraft version of their amphib.

3. Skyhook

Skyhook

I do not think he's claimed to have invented anything. If he does it will not be the airplane... that one's already quite well documented.

4. kengps

kengps

In the article: "Heeman plans to sell his invention" IMHO, I'll take an airplane with a hovercraft attached, Before I'd want a Hovercraft with wings. Looks pretty dangerous to me.

(and this is coming from a guy who has built 2 airplanes, and currently flys the last one I built)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  5. jacquejet

jacquejet

Can you ski behind it? Maybe go trolling?

6. Skyhook

Skyhook

I stand corrected. Thanks.

I initially thought the reporter used the term 'invention' and I do recall several reports in the media of Glock revolvers, so I was a bit hasty.

Combining the hovercraft with wings does seem to qualify it for an invention even if both the hover craft and the airplane have been around for some time.

You know, that thing just might have some unique military possibilities. Hmmmm.

7. kengps

kengps

The "Lake" aircraft company did it already.....Military said "I'll pass" A better craft is a "surface effect" flying boat. I seen a small 2-4 seater a number of years back. Was a great design. Not sure what happened to it. I guess most people prefer to get a floatplane instead of being limited to 5-20 feet altitude over the water. But it was very efficient. Used not much power to cruise.

8. kengps

kengps

9. Skyhook

Skyhook