Glock Talk banner

Fun/Fast cars

14K views 60 replies 31 participants last post by  maxmanta 
#1 · (Edited)
So I just re-discovered this forum(I tend to forum hop based on my interests at any given time) and I figured I might as well post my latest time/money sink :supergrin:

Please feel free to post your fun vehicles as well.

2012 Mazdaspeed3 with tech package in crystal white pearl mica.

The day I got it.

Had the windows tinted to 20%(the ideal amount in my mind)

Engine bay after I installed a short ram intake

Bought some factory RX8 wheels and had them powder-coated gunmetal.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Installed LED fog lights and plasti-dipped the fog light bezels to match the black surround.

Test drove a new Ford Focus ST

Installed my winter tire setup(down 1 inch to 17s, with a factory mazda wheel purchased on craigslist)

Full list of mods:
-Cobb Accessport ECU Tuner
-Corksport Short Ram Intake w/Turbo inlet pipe
-Corksport Rear Motor Mount
-Corksport Short Shift Plate
-Corksport License Plate Relocation Kit
-Corksport LED Foglights
-Corksport Racepipe(replaces second cat, not installed yet)
-Autotech Fuel Pump Internal upgrade(needed to provide proper fueling with cam driven fuel pump, not installed yet)
-Resonator Delete
-Factory RX8 18X8 Wheels Powder Coated Gunmetal with 225/40R18 summer tires

#6 · (Edited)
Congrats on your purchase. I have a gen1 MS3 and love it. You can't beat a car that has 263hp/280tq and still gets a combined 27 mpg. My only gripe is that it's front wheel drive but hey, it's a compromise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Love this little car.
It's quick, handles great, AWD, and good cargo space.

Nice! I strongly considered the WRX, though I would have gone with a sedan. I was trying to justify paying 5 grand more to get AWD with essentially the same features as the Speed3 with tech(Nav, HIDs, LED tails, Good stereo, etc) and I just couldn't do it. The subaru is an awesome car but there were no good deals to be had on new ones and I don't need AWD. Plus, from a roll my car is faster :) More so once I get my internals and racepipe on. I'll do a TMIC after that and hopefully be around 290-300whp with a pro-tune.

I love the color you got by the way, it looks awesome. Have you modded it at all?

#8 ·
Congrats on your purchase. I have a gen1 MS3 and love it. You can't beat a car that has 263hp/280tq and still gets a combined 27 mpg. My only gripe is that it's front wheel drive but hey, it's a compromise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I love genwons. I was planning to get one for a few years but the gen2 look grew on me and I didn't want to get one of these used(too scared of people beating on them.)

I get pretty good MPG too. About 25 with mixed driving, and I can get over 30 on the highway.

#10 ·
I don't know how to post photo's like that but I put a pic of my baby in the attachments. Tinted windows, 12 inch Kickers in the trunk, after market headlights, tinted side markers and tailights, lowered 1.5", X-pipe and catback exhaust, CAI and 91 octane tune.
Looks nice man. I love mustangs. Definitely want a new 5.0.

Is yours SCT tuned?

#15 ·
Nice LSM! Looks great. That was my second choice for color, and sometimes I wish I'd gotten it(mostly when my hatch is covered in soot.)

Its always good to find more speed owners. I recommend joining mazdaspeedforums.org if you want the best information. There are a lot of harsh people over there but if you do your research you won't get flamed and you'll learn a lot about the platform. What plans do you have for it?

#25 ·
Here are my babies before I had real babies. My first car was that blue Pontiac GTO (thus my username), which then through a series of unforseeable events led to the rise of my 2008 Mitsubishi Evolution. Fastest time I ran in the 1320 in my goat was a 13.2 @ 103 and the evo bested it at 13.1 @ 105, before I started to add the goodies seen in the picture.
I love my cars, all of them. American, Asian, European, and of course, Australian.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

#26 ·
Here are my babies before I had real babies. My first car was that blue Pontiac GTO (thus my username), which then through a series of unforseeable events led to the rise of my 2008 Mitsubishi Evolution. Fastest time I ran in the 1320 in my goat was a 13.2 @ 103 and the evo bested it at 13.1 @ 105, before I started to add the goodies seen in the picture.
I love my cars, all of them. American, Asian, European, and of course, Australian.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Congrats on that Evo X, I own the IX MR and I don't think I'd trade it for the world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.